Making Butter Lemon Pound Cake
Here's a homemade pound cake recipe made with lots of butter and lemon. Try topping this with a light whipped topping or even vanilla ice cream.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a homemade from scratch lemon pound cake with a butter cream cheese lemon icing. It a great dessert for serving a lot of guests. Top with a light whipped topping or French vanilla ice cream.
- 1 cup butter, melted (2 sticks)
- 1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese (less 1/4) for icing
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk or cream
- 1/3 cup 100% lemon juice or the juice of a fresh lemon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Tbls fresh grated lemon zest
- 3 1/13 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 4 Tbsp softened cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a tube pan.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, and sugar for 1 minute.
- Add eggs 1 at a time beating them after each addition.
- Mix in the milk, lemon juice, zest, and vanilla. Beating well.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet in 3 stages. Folding the batter together until all mixed well.
- Pour batter into the tube pan evenly. Place in the center of the oven. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes.
- To make icing, mix melted butter, juice, softened cream cheese and mix with a fork into the confectioners sugar until smooth. To get the consistency you want, thicker add more sugar, thinner add more juice.
- Drizzle over the top of the cooled cake and let it drip. Then sprinkle with the lemon zest!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.