Butter Lemon Pound Cake
This is a homemade from scratch lemon pound cake with a butter cream cheese lemon icing. It a great dessert for serving a lot of guest. Topped with a light whipped topping or French vanilla ice cream.
- 1 cup butter, melted (2 sticks)
- 1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese (less 1/4) for icing
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk or cream
- 1/3 cup 100% lemon juice or the juice of a fresh lemon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Tbls fresh grated lemon zest
- 3 1/13 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 4 Tbsp softened cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a tube pan.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, and sugar for 1 minute.
- Add eggs 1 at a time beating them after each addition.
- Mix in the milk, lemon juice, zest, and vanilla. Beating well.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet in 3 stages. Folding the batter together until all mixed well.
- Pour batter into the tube pan evenly. Place in the center of the oven. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes.
- To make icing, mix melted butter, juice, softened cream cheese and mix with a fork into the confectioners sugar until smooth. To get the consistency you want, thicker add more sugar, thinner add more juice.
- Drizzle over the top of the cooled cake and let it drip. Then sprinkle with the lemon zest!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!