AdviceCleaning

Rag Stuck Between Wall and Washing Machine

I was trying to clean between my washing machine and the wall. I had to use the stick end of my broom to get in there. Alas the rag is now wedged between the wall and the washing machine, how can I get it out of there before it smells, moulds, and whatever else can get in there does?

The space I have to work in to get it out is only about 3/4 inches.
Thanks for your help.

By Coreen

Use a wire clothes hanger as a hook. Don't untwist the wire at the hook end, but just pull the hanger out straight from the middle of the cross part. I have one hanging beside my washing machine for those things that drop between the washer and wall.

I agree, use a wire coat hanger. Also, you probably don't have a "reacher", which has a claw at the end and is operated with your hand-held lever. You can buy one at the hardware store, etc. They are good to have around. Also, you could put a crevice attachment on your vacuum tube; the sock won't be sucked into your vacuum, but it will be picked up. Also, if it is a boy sock, get a girl sock, add some perfume, and dangle nearby; it might attract! LOL

If you have bbq tongs, or fireplace tongs, they might be able to reach the cloth. Next time, be sure to attach the cloth tightly to the stick with a rubber band or duct tape so it doesn't fall off.