Raw Fish With Coconut Milk Recipe
Many cuisines have their own recipes based on raw fish. This page contains a raw fish with coconut milk recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Raw fish marinated with lime juice and coconut milk is an island favorite. Here in Tahiti, we eat a lot of raw fish and rice. This is delicious and so simple to prepare.
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- ½ to 1 pound fresh red or white tuna
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 3 fresh limes, squeezed
- 2 cups fresh coconut milk
- 4 pinch salt
- 4 pinch pepper
- Fill a mixing bowl with water, add salt and pepper to the water. Cut your tuna up into bite size pieces. Add the cut tuna to the water to soak. This adds flavor to the fish and takes the blood out of the fish. Allow the fish to soak in the water for 30 minutes or longer. I like to soak my fish for an hour to one and a half hours.
- After 30 minutes, drain the fish and gently squeeze the water out of the fish. Put the fish back into the mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl add diced tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, and onions.
- Cut the three limes in half and press the juice out of the limes into a small bowl.
- Pour the lime juice over the top of the fish.
- Gently toss with your hands.
- Immediately drain the fish and gently squeeze the lime juice from the fish.
- Add the fish to the bowl of cut vegetables.
- Pour the freshly squeezed coconut milk over the fish and vegetables.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over rice.
January 30, 20160 found this helpful
Yum..interesting to watch how it's made.
February 3, 20160 found this helpful
Wow will try