Recipe for Fried Fruit Pies

Does anyone have any recipes for fried pies? My husband's grandmother used to make apricot fried pies in a cast iron frying pan. I imagine they can be made from any fruits.

By mirage from OH

Recipe for Fried Fruit Pies

Yep. I remember these! I haven't had them for years and years!

Fried Apple Pies

• 2 cups flour (I use S R)
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 apples
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup vegetable oil

1. Peel and dice apples. Add sugar and cinnamon. Cook in a saucepan on low heat. Cook until soft, then mash with a fork to form a thick applesauce.

2. Cut in the shortening. Add water and mix with a fork.

3. Roll out to about 1/8-inch thickness on a floured board. Cut with a large round cookie cutter (4-inches in diameter.).

4. In each round, place 1 heaping tablespoons fruit. Moisten edges with cold water, fold and press edge with a fork.

5. Heat oil in a large skillet on med-high heat. Fry pies, a few at a time, 2-3 minutes on each side.

6. Cook until golden brown.

7. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
Good luck. (09/03/2009)

By kffrmw88

Recipe for Fried Fruit Pies

We have also made these using canned biscuits instead of making your own dough. Just be sure to roll the biscuits flat and large enough to be able to fold them over the fruit. (09/06/2009)

By Pepsi Gal

Recipe for Fried Fruit Pies

My mom made these eons ago. She rolled out cheap biscuits (10 cents per can) and put a Tbsp of apple butter in the middle, folded the biscuit over and sealed with a wet finger. Then fried in oil. Delish! It was so good I always burned my mouth on the hot pies. Great cold too! (09/06/2009)

By AuntyC

Recipe for Fried Fruit Pies

Go to Southern She has many good old recipes like your grannie used to make. One of her recipes is fried pies. She even has a tutorial complete with photos to show you how to make them.

By Barb in Tennessee

Recipe for Fried Fruit Pies

I learned this from my mom. Take canned biscuits, roll them out, put your favorite pie filling or fruit in them (careful not to fill them too full), crimp them, and fry them in hot grease in a skillet. They were great and really easy, too. (09/07/2009)

By thetwocsmom

Baking Fruit Pies
Baking Fruit Pies
Fried ice cream.
Fried Ice Cream Recipes
Fried Dill Pickle Chip Recipes
Pile of fresh cherries in front of a jar of cherry jam.
Canning Cherries
Freezing Pumplin Pies
Freezing Pumpkin Pies