Recipes Using Eggs

Category Eggs
Eggs are such a versatile food they can be used to prepare meals for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This page contains recipes using eggs.

One brown egg and one half of a peeled hard boiled egg against a white background

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains recipes using hard boiled eggs. It can be a challenge to find new ways to use hard boiled eggs other then the typical addition to a salad.

I have 22 hens that are kicking into high gear laying eggs. If you, too, are looking for egg recipes, I found tons by goggling "recipe 12 eggs", "recipe 7 eggs", "recipe 10 eggs" etc. There are many EGGceptional recipes online!

By Starwolf539 from IOWA

Editor's Note: Here is a link to our egg recipes category. If you have a favorite that isn't listed, post it here!

Anonymous

Oh my - oh my, my cholesterol shot up just thinking about all those eggs! Deviled eggs and egg salad.

Ingredients

• 2 cups White Sauce*
  • 6 hard boiled eggs
*White Sauce:
  • 4 Tbsp. butter
  • 4 Tbsp. flour
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • Ad
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 2 cups milk

Directions

Peel eggs. Dice egg whites and grate egg yolks; set aside. Melt butter in a saucepan. Blend in flour, salt and pepper; add milk. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Add diced egg whites to white sauce. Serve on toast with grated egg yolks, sprinkled on top. Makes 6-8 servings.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Our family ate this when I was growing up. This is very filling and inexpensive to make. We have 10 kids in our family so mom was always looking for inexpensive yet filling meals. We called this "Goldenrod".

• 6 eggs
  • 6 Tbsp. butter or margarine
  • 6 Tbsp. flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 3 cups milk
  • dash pepper

Directions:

Hard boil eggs. Peel. Melt butter in heavy saucepan. Add flour and seasoning. Stir until well blended. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly. Cook until smooth. Chop eggs and add to sauce. Serve on toast.

By Robin from Washington, IA

This is a great meal if served over home fried potatoes with onions in them.

This recipe is fast and delicious, easy and fun. My kids loved it and always asked for it.

My chickens and ducks are laying in triple overdrive. Normally I can make noodles and angel food cake to use up the extras, but I have at least 3 hens who are laying twice a day. The family is getting tired of omelets, deviled eggs, egg salad, and egg based casseroles. I need some new recipes that use LOTS of eggs. Any ideas?

Please don't tell me to give them away or sell--I have been! I still have had about 18 extra eggs a day for the last few days.

April from NW Missouri

Bake items to sell at your local Farmers Market.

Hi April,

Gosh, I sure do wish I lived near you as I would be more than happy to take some off of your hands. I live in Mass. and boy, oh boy are they ever expensive. How about making an angel food cake with the whites & then you could freeze the yolks. Good luck.

Creme Brulee uses a lot of egg yolks, and it is a great dessert!

April from NW Missouri email me and I have tons of egg recipes on my computer and I will send them to you.

Richard

Madd Russian

rus_mad AT yahoo.com

Quiches, mousses and meringues (for yolks and whites alternatively), and ice creams (yolks). You could always make a few dollars and sell the extras?

I take a few slices of bacon, brown and crumble into fairly large pieces. Break bread into a bowl and add some eggs with a tiny bit of milk, mix pretty well but not till mush, add egg mixture to pan with bacon and cook until done.

We call thee poor mans eggs and it is a favorite meal of all 4 of my kids plus now the grandkids also like it.

I usually plan about 2 slices of bread and 2 eggs for each but no matter how much I make it disappears.

I need a recipe/s using egg whites I want to put to use.

By foxygram from Combined Locks, WI

You could freeze them until you need them.Look at: stilltasty.com it's filled w/facts of frozen etc.shelf life of foods.

If you have a boxed cake mix that calls for eggs, just use the egg whites. Three egg whites will give you about the same volume as 2 whole eggs. Or look for a recipe for coconut macaroons. Here is Paula Deen's recipe for the best macaroons I've ever tasted.

Paula Deen's Coconut Macaroons

Ingredients

3 cups shredded coconut

1 teaspoon almond extract

1/8 teaspoon salt

2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk

2 egg whites, stiffly beaten

1 teaspoon cream of tartar

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a medium bowl, combine coconut, almond extract, and salt. Mix in condensed milk to form a thick paste. Fold in egg whites with cream of tarter. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake for about 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.

All white cakes ask you to use egg whites only, so look for recipes for white cakes.

You can also scramble egg whites and they are a delicious breakfast food. Healthier than whole eggs as well if you are watching your cholesterol.

Hope this helps.

Pookarina

I use mine to make angel food cake, baked meringues, and I add them to whole eggs in cooking.