Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Recipes Using Eggs

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Ingredients with Egg

Eggs are such a versatile food they can be used to prepare meals for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This page contains recipes using eggs.

Solutions: Recipes Using Eggs

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Recipe: Crunchy Cheese Eggs

This recipe is fast and delicious, easy and fun. My kids loved it and always asked for it.

• 2 eggs per person
  • sliced medium cheddar cheese
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:

Heat your frying pan and oil it. I use butter. For two people, break 4 eggs into the hot frying pan. Immediately break the yolk and lay medium cheddar over the surface of the eggs. The cheese amount will vary depending on size of eggs.

When you are able, turn the eggs over onto the cheese. Let cook until crispy all around, on medium heat.

Turn up for serving so the crispy cheese is presented and enjoy!

Servings: 2
Prep Time: 1 Minute
Cooking Time: 2-3 Minutes

By Leah B. from Federal Way, WA

Recipe: Creamed Eggs

• 6 eggs
  • 6 Tbsp. butter or margarine
  • 6 Tbsp. flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 3 cups milk
  • dash pepper

Directions:

Hard boil eggs. Peel. Melt butter in heavy saucepan. Add flour and seasoning. Stir until well blended. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly. Cook until smooth. Chop eggs and add to sauce. Serve on toast.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Recipe: Creamed Eggs on Toast

Ingredients

• 2 cups White Sauce*
  • 6 hard boiled eggs
*White Sauce:
  • 4 Tbsp. butter
  • 4 Tbsp. flour
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 2 cups milk

Directions

Peel eggs. Dice egg whites and grate egg yolks; set aside. Melt butter in a saucepan. Blend in flour, salt and pepper; add milk. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Add diced egg whites to white sauce. Serve on toast with grated egg yolks, sprinkled on top. Makes 6-8 servings.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Tip: Recipes Using Eggs

I have 22 hens that are kicking into high gear laying eggs. If you, too, are looking for egg recipes, I found tons by goggling "recipe 12 eggs", "recipe 7 eggs", "recipe 10 eggs" etc. There are many EGGceptional recipes online!

By Starwolf539 from IOWA

Editor's Note: Here is a link to our egg recipes category. If you have a favorite that isn't listed, post it here!

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Recipes Using Eggs.

Question: Recipes Using Hard Boiled Eggs

I am looking for an entree use of hard-boiled eggs, other than salad, deviled, or Easter eggs. Thanks!

By Lin from Atascadero, CA

Most Recent Answer

By Lilac [18]03/21/2011

Use the recipe for turkey a' la king but use hard boiled eggs instead. You can fancy it up by putting it over some kind of artesian bread. You make a basic white sauce, add mushrooms, a few pamentoes, and chopped hard boiled eggs. It is delicious.

Question: Recipes Using Leftover Egg Whites

I need a recipe/s using egg whites I want to put to use.

By foxygram from Combined Locks, WI

Most Recent Answer

By Christine [2]12/31/2010

I use mine to make angel food cake, baked meringues, and I add them to whole eggs in cooking.

Question: Recipes To Use Up Eggs

My chickens and ducks are laying in triple overdrive. Normally I can make noodles and angel food cake to use up the extras, but I have at least 3 hens who are laying twice a day. The family is getting tired of omelets, deviled eggs, egg salad, and egg based casseroles. I need some new recipes that use LOTS of eggs. Any ideas?

Please don't tell me to give them away or sell--I have been! I still have had about 18 extra eggs a day for the last few days.

April from NW Missouri

Most Recent Answer

By Lauren04/19/2009

Let your kids experiment. The eggs won't be wasted because you can make them eat whatever they make. Also, you can cook some food for meals on wheels or some organization like that. It will make a big difference for someone else.