Browsing: Recipes Using French Fries

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Recipes Using French Fries

French fries are generally thought of as a side to burgers, fish, or other sandwiches. However, these potato strips can be used as an ingredient in many recipes. This is a guide about recipes using French fries.

French Fries
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

October 3, 2006 Flag

I have recently been given a large amount of french fries. Other than the obvious frying them to make french fries or chili cheese fries any ideas of what I can make with them? I am talking about 2 cases of french fries like McDonald's serves.

Pattie from Warrens, WI

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I take them and cut them up in small pieces and fry them in the morning as hash browns.. You may add onions & bell peppers to them if you wish..

Hi,

I would use like hash browns. Heat in skillet with your favorite grease, ( butter, bacon grease, olive oil, or vegetable oil ) till unfrozen. Chunk up ( cut up ) with your turner. Then add your choice of peppers and or onions, or plain. Salt and pepper, then fry till your way of being done.

Serve with breakfast, lunch or dinner.

You could Google Hash brown recipes, or french fry recipes.

you could chop them up and use them in any recipe that calls for potatoes if they are from real potatoes and not processed. the processed ones would come apart in soups or really liquid casseroles.

you might trade with someone for other frozen goods or be the one to take fries for the next fish fry or hot dog cookout.

You should try a classic french canadian meal: poutine! Topped your fries with cheese curds and brown chicken gravy. It is simple and delicious!

Read More Answers...

October 12, 2010 Flag

Can you substitute french fries for hashbrowns in hashbrown casserole? I have found that some fries are half the price of hashbrowns and wonder if anyone has substituted fries for them.

By Lou from Conway, AR

I don't see why you couldn't substitute them. I make this casserole called Cheeseburger and Fries.

2 lbs browned ground meat

2 cans cheddar cheese soup (no milk)

Small bag of frozen fries.

Mix the soup with the ground meat, place in bottom of baking dish, top with fries. Bake for 1 hour at 400 degrees.

I have done this successfully. Works well.

Some cheaper fries are full of grease so be aware. Take a chef knife and chop/cut them up.

Coll3,

This seems like a long time and a high temp. to cook meat that is already browned. Do you mean for the meat to be completely cooked through before going into the oven or just a quick browning but still not cooked all the way? Thanks,

~gloria

Read More Answers...

November 21, 2013 Flag

I have bags of frozen french fries and limited amounts of everything else. What can I use them for that my young children will actually eat?

By Ashley

I have seen several recipes lately that are similar to Tater Tot Casserole that use fries instead of the Tater Tots. You can also heat the fries in the oven, I do that for myself every now and then and they get reasonably crispy, then serve them to the kids with a hamburger or hot dog, and a veggie or fruit. I'm sure if you go to food.com or some of the other food sites, and type in recipes using french fries you might find other recipes.

Partially thaw if necessary then chop them up into "bite size" pieces and either fry them up with chopped onions into a variation of "home fries" or bake them on a flat balking sheet lightly sprayed with oil or cooking spray. Add in partially roasted chopped onions and/or coarsely chopped fall vegetables tossed in Italian dressing or spices of choice.

If you have too much to use all at once, bag it into dinner size portions and once it's cooked or baked you can re-freeze for future use. This potato hash can become a base for other dishes such as "home fries and eggs" for breakfast or lunch or covered with a heated can of chili or even beef stew for dinner.

You can also sprinkle grated cheese over the potatoes or even over the chili potatoes. If you are willing to experiment, you can run the frozen fries through a food processor and use then to make potato soup or "mashed potatoes". Just add the right spices and a little butter or cream cheese for the mashed potatoes.

I have stopped buying things that are a bargain unless I know exactly how I will be able to use them before they can expire. If this load is the result of extreme couponing, share them with your friends or a food shelter then you won't feel like you lost out on your bargain hunting.

June 11, 2015 Flag

I did this initially when I ran out of fresh potatoes, and it worked really well. Place the chips in a saucepan of water, and boil as you would potato that you'd just peeled and cut up. The oily coating on the chips dissolves in the boiling water, and is poured away when you strain them.

It sounds extravagant, but I got 2.5kg (5.5lb) for £0.99, which doesn't compare badly with raw potatoes, once you allow for the loss of peelings, eyes and any bruised bits. And it's a timesaver. Don't attempt to do this with batter coated chips like Aunt Bessie's - and do be aware that the chips will retain slightly more moisture than cooked raw potatoes, and adjust any added ingredients accordingly.

Food and Recipes Recipes PotatoesJuly 30, 2013
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Oven Fries
Oven Fries Recipes
Pan of french fries in the oven.
Making Frozen French Fries
Homemade French Fries
Homemade French Fries Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 5:05:42 PM on 10.0.0.77 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.