Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Recipes Using French Fries

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
French Fries

French fries are generally thought of as a side to burgers, fish, or other sandwiches. However, these potato strips can be used as an ingredient in many recipes. This is a guide about recipes using French fries.

Here are questions related to Recipes Using French Fries.

Question: Recipes Using Frozen French Fries

I have bags of frozen french fries and limited amounts of everything else. What can I use them for that my young children will actually eat?

By Ashley

Most Recent Answer

By chef in my dreams11/22/2013

Partially thaw if necessary then chop them up into "bite size" pieces and either fry them up with chopped onions into a variation of "home fries" or bake them on a flat balking sheet lightly sprayed with oil or cooking spray. Add in partially roasted chopped onions and/or coarsely chopped fall vegetables tossed in Italian dressing or spices of choice.

If you have too much to use all at once, bag it into dinner size portions and once it's cooked or baked you can re-freeze for future use. This potato hash can become a base for other dishes such as "home fries and eggs" for breakfast or lunch or covered with a heated can of chili or even beef stew for dinner.

You can also sprinkle grated cheese over the potatoes or even over the chili potatoes. If you are willing to experiment, you can run the frozen fries through a food processor and use then to make potato soup or "mashed potatoes". Just add the right spices and a little butter or cream cheese for the mashed potatoes.

I have stopped buying things that are a bargain unless I know exactly how I will be able to use them before they can expire. If this load is the result of extreme couponing, share them with your friends or a food shelter then you won't feel like you lost out on your bargain hunting.

RE: Recipes Using Frozen French Fries

Question: Using French Fries in Hashbrown Casserole

Can you substitute french fries for hashbrowns in hashbrown casserole? I have found that some fries are half the price of hashbrowns and wonder if anyone has substituted fries for them.

By Lou from Conway, AR

Most Recent Answer

By ~gloria [90]10/24/2011

Coll3,
This seems like a long time and a high temp. to cook meat that is already browned. Do you mean for the meat to be completely cooked through before going into the oven or just a quick browning but still not cooked all the way? Thanks,
~gloria

Question: Recipes Using French Fries

I have recently been given a large amount of french fries. Other than the obvious frying them to make french fries or chili cheese fries any ideas of what I can make with them? I am talking about 2 cases of french fries like McDonald's serves.

Pattie from Warrens, WI

Most Recent Answer

By alex (Guest Post)07/10/2008

You should try a classic french canadian meal: poutine! Topped your fries with cheese curds and brown chicken gravy. It is simple and delicious!

Recipes

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!