Roasted Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
French fries are always a hit. When made with sweet potatoes and baked in the oven, they are a more nutritious and healthy treat. This page contains roasted sweet potato fries recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Roasted sweet potatoes are easy to make, a healthier alternative to fried potatoes and most importantly, quite tasty! These baked sweet potatoes make the perfect side for your burger, steak, sandwich, or just as a snack.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 1 baking tray
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 sweet potatoes*
- 3 cloves garlic
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2-3 stems rosemary
*This recipe uses one Japanese sweet potato in addition to the orange ones.
- Mince garlic and rosemary.
- Pour olive oil in a bowl. Add minced garlic, rosemary, dash of salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Peel skin off sweet potatoes (optional). Cut into chunks.
- Evenly coat sweet potatoes in the olive oil mixture.
- Place seasoned sweet potato pieces on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Once finished coating all of your sweet potatoes, bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes. Flip and bake for another 10-15 minutes until cooked to your desire. I like mine brown and crispy.
These sweet potato fries are a nice side to any meal. They are quick and easy to prepare. You can adjust the species to your taste.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil (or oil of my type)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2-3 pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Clean and peel the sweet potato. Slice the potatoes so that sizes are close to the same size and thickness.
- Place potato slices in a large bowl, pour in oil, sprinkle on garlic, paprika and salt and pepper. Toss together so that all slices are coated equally.
- Place the potato slices on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and baked for 35 minutes. Half way through cooking flip fries and put back in the oven.
- When cooked remove from oven and serve immediately.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.