Sweet Potato Fries Recipes

Category Vegetables
A healthier alternative to the traditional white potato fries, sweet potato fries are becoming popular. This page contains sweet potato fries recipes.

This page contains baked sweet potato fries recipes. You don't need a deep fryer to have delicious sweet potato fries at home.

Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Does anyone have a recipe for savory oven baked sweet potato fries? I've tried several times, but I'm not getting them crispy until they're almost too browned. Thanks!

By Kim from Crawford, CO

Answers

I can't even get the store bought frozen sweet potato fries to get crispy in the oven. I have no problem with the regular ones, so I don't know what the problem is.

I see there are already several recipes archived below so I won't post one. But I will tell you not to slice them too thinly, or they will burn. You kind of want to have then the size of a steak fry, not a shoestring fry. And I also keep an eye on them so they don't burn.

This is a recipe that I picked up from a friend of mine at "The Dock." That is a very famous restaurant featured at the Dallas State Fair. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Ingredients

• several sweet potatoes
  • seasoning salt
  • shredded cheese of your choice (Cheddar works well, but any cheese you like will do.)
  • brown sugar
  • bacon bits
  • ranch dressing
  • cooking oil of your choice

Directions

Cut sweet potatoes into quarter inch square fries. (You may fry them with or without the skins. If you use the skins however, make sure you scrub them well and remove eyes.) Take a medium or large frying pan and put in at least a half cup of oil. Bring up to temperature. (If you have a deep fryer, you get much better results.) Insert fries into oil carefully and fry until golden brown. (Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside.) As the fries come out of the oil, sprinkle them liberally with the seasoning salt. (I prefer Lawry's Seasoning Salt, however you may have your own preference.)

After fries have been cooked and seasoned, you will need separate bowls or plates for each serving. Arrange one serving per person equivalent to a good handful. Upon each serving, sprinkle one to two tsp. of brown sugar. On top of the brown sugar, sprinkle an even layer of the cheese of your choice. Place individual servings into either a microwave or a toaster oven. (In a good microwave, the cheese should melt in a minute to a minute and a half. A toaster oven works better and the end product tastes a little better as well. In a toaster oven it takes about two to three minutes.) Remove from toaster oven or microwave and sprinkle to taste with the bacon bits.

When served, each serving should be accompanied by an individual serving of ranch dressing. Eaten with a fork, pick up fries, cheese and all and dip into the ranch dressing. Enjoy.

By Cywolf from Albuquerque, NM