Recipes Using Spinach

Category Vegetables
Not only is spinach good for you, it is also a very versatile green that can be prepared in many delicious ways. This page contains recipes using spinach.

Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

Directions:

• 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper
  • 1/4 cup bread crumbs
  • 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 10 oz. fresh spinach, chopped

Directions:

In a medium bowl combine first six ingredients. In a lightly greased baking dish spread bread crumbs. Cover with 1/2 the cheddar, then 1/2 the spinach. Pour egg mixture on top and repeat cheddar and spinach. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Best if served hot.

Source: Family recipe

By LRP from LWL, MA

I'm confused. Did you mean to mix the first five ingredients (instead of six)? Otherwise, the breadcrumbs are already included in the egg mixture.

This is a 'put your hand on your tummy and rub to show it's yummy' recipe. ;-)

Directions:

Heat a large pot over high heat until hot. Add the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook for a few seconds until it is golden. Add half of the greens and toss well in the garlic oil with tongs.

Add the remaining greens and toss until the greens wilt evenly. When wilted, season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue cooking over high heat, tossing often, until the excess liquid evaporates.

Transfer greens to a bowl and allow to them cool to room temperature and season to taste with vinegar. Serve at room temperature. The greens are also tasty served cold and will keep well in the refrigerator for a couple of days.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Serves: 4

Ingredients

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cook spinach according to directions. Drain. Combine all ingredients, mixing well. Bake in a 1 1/2 Qt. souffle dish or a round casserole dish for 30 minutes.

By Terri

If a recipe calls for frozen spinach with the water squeezed out, I have a great and easy way to do this. No more do you need to waste valuable paper towels and make a mess. I use my potato ricer.

A plate of spinach pasta with shrimp.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making spinach pasta noodles. It's easy and delicious to add vitamin rich spinach to homemade pasta.

Top view of a aluminum can containing spinach

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains recipes using canned spinach. Although the texture of canned spinach differs greatly from fresh, there are still many uses for it in recipes.

Did you know you can stir in a 10 oz. package of frozen creamed spinach into a box of hamburger helper, especially the cheese flavors and even the kids will eat it? I HATE spinach and it was wonderful!

By Sandra G.

I have a case of canned spinach. Does anyone have any good recipes?

By Terri

Answer Was this helpful? 1

I just heat and eat. My aunt chops boiled eggs up in hers, but I don't.

Anonymous

I love canned spinach heated, drained and splashed with vinegar or drizzled with a teaspoon or so of minced garlic that was sautéed in a tablespoon of olive oil for a minute. You can use it in oh so many recipes but here are some canned spinach recipes that will give you lots of ideas: popeyespinach.com/recipes.php

If you keep in mind that 1 cup cooked and drained is the same as 1 pound fresh you can adjust almost any recipe.

My favorite is:

canned spinach

canned pinto beans

1-2 tbl flour

Salt and pepper to taste, heat spinach in pan with little oil, then add flour to make a roux/gravy, you can add butter if you want, then add can of un-drained beans, roll into flour tortillas. My mom used to make this with fresh spinach, homemade pintos and homemade tortillas.

I like it best by draining off all but about 1 - 2 tblsp. liquid, and heat thoroughly in microwave. Then add 3 - 4 slices of American processed cheese on top, in small pieces. Microwave until chese melts. Stir. If not cheesy to your liking, add more, heat, stir.

I'm looking for a very simple and easy spinach squares recipe.

Thanks!
D. from Yellow Springs, Ohio

How about a simple spinach pie recipe? My father was always making these as he loved them and they are simple and good. Sorry I do not know what a spinach square is.

For the pies you just take storebought refrigerator biscuits (or use dough) put in either fresh or squeezed dry frozen spinach in one of the biscuits you took apart and flattened out and fold over and seal and bake. These can be baked in a regular or even a toaster oven until the biscuit is brown, Add a little olive oil INSIDE f you are using just spinach or if you like anchovies you can add one to each pie but skip the oil, I'm sure you can just about add anything you personally like.

Good luck and have a wonderful weekend

Mix in large bowl: 1 cup flour,1tsp salt,1tsp baking powder, add: 2 beaten eggs,1cup milk, 6tbs softened butter, mix well, thaw frozen spinach and drain Add to your mixture also add 1 lb sharp grated cheese and 1 chopped onion. Speard all into 9x13 pan Bake 350 30 minutes cool for 10 to 15 minutes cut into squares serve warm. My family does not care if they are cold but are to be eaten warm. These are very good.

This link will get you to an easy, quick, and delicious spinach square recipe!

http://www.toda  p?content=907351

Ingredients: 1 pkg (10 oz.) frozen spinach thawed, 3 tbsp butter, 1 med onion diced, 1 lb. mushrooms diced, 1 c sour cream, 3/4 fresh bread crumbs, 4 eggs, 1 c shredded cheddar cheese, 1 c shredded swiss cheese 1/4 tsp basil, 1/4 tsp oregon, 1/4 tsp parmesean cheese. Directions: place spinach into a bowl wringing out water till feels dry. set aside. in 10 inch pan heat butter and saute onion and mushrooms. set aside. in med bowl place sourcream, eggs, and bread crumbs. beat on med speed for 30 secs. add remaining ingredients except parm. cheese. mix on low speed for 30 secs. spread mixture into greased 11X7 pan.sprinkle with parm cheese. bake for 35 mins. at 350.

Tips and recipes for using spinach. Post your ideas.

When grocery shopping, purchase a bag of spinach leaves from the salad ready isle. Add to scramble eggs, sandwiches and more for a healthy delicious treat!

By Jennifer Russell