Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Recipes Using Summer Sausage

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Knife Cutting Summer Sausage

Summer sausage is a delicious addition to many recipes. This page contains recipes using summer sausage.

Here are questions related to Recipes Using Summer Sausage.

Question: Recipes Using Summer Sausage

We got a 26 ounce beef summer sausage for Christmas and I wasn't sure if there is a way to eat this besides snack food? I know it is good to eat with cheese and crackers or kind of like beef jerky, but do people sometimes slice it up and put it in entrees?

It's more than we can eat, I may just take it to my office with some cheese and crackers for folks to enjoy, but I wanted to ask first. It's supposed to be good for a week. I don't think we could eat this in just a week if we were only eating 2-3 slices a day as a snack. I know I am over-thinking this.

By Janice C.

Most Recent Answer

By Marsha [2]01/24/2012

You can make a breakfast sandwich out of it slice 4 pieces of it heat it in a pan or microwave and then toast some bread. Make a egg and put cheese all on the sandwich that's what we do or if you don't think you can use it up cut off what you would in that week and then put the rest in the freezer it can keep well in there till you use it again!

Question: Recipes Using a Summer Sausage

Does anyone have any recipes to use a big Hickory Farms summer sausage? Thanks.

By ralphed from Middletown, NY

Most Recent Answer

By Daisy Jane04/05/2009

You could make Sausage Stew in the crockpot. My family loves this, and the sausage seasons the stew so well that you don't need to add other seasoning to it. You can if you want, but we don't.

Sausage Stew

1-2 lb smoked sausage, cut into chunks
4-6 med. potatoes, cut into chunks
1 small bag baby carrots
1 med. onion, cut into chunks
1-2 stalks celery, optional
water
flour to thicken

Put chunked sausage, potatoes, baby carrots, onion, and celery (if desired) into crock pot. Add water until 3 inches from top of crockpot. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours (until potatoes are done), or on HIGH 5 hours. When done, use flour to thicken to your liking.

Solutions: Recipes Using Summer Sausage

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!