Reheating Pancakes

Category Breakfast
This is a guide about reheating pancakes. Making extra pancakes and reheating them later can make grabbing breakfast quick and easy. Heating them up properly will prevent them from drying out or getting rubbery.

I have a gang coming for the weekend, I am planning buckwheat pancakes. Can I cook them ahead of time and then reheat when we have breakfast?

By diva53d from Foymount, Ontario

Best Answer

I do this at Christmas when the whole family is here. Cook them ahead of time and put them either in the refrigerator (or the freezer if it's more than a couple of days ahead).

To reheat a lot of them at once, put in a casserole dish with a cover - or any pan covered with aluminum foil - and bake in the oven at 350 degrees F. for 20 to 30 minutes.

Best Answer

I also do this & heat them in toaster, as we know the ones in freezer in stores are made ahead, good luck.

Best Answer

I think wrapping panakes in a paper towel and putting them in the microwave for about a minute makes them taste like you just made the. Depending on your microwave it might take a little longer.

I make a lot of pancakes at once and put into a gallon freezer bag before placing in the refrigerator. They will remain moist even after reheating in a microwave. Time will vary depending on the thickness and size of pancake.

Thanks you. Thank you both. I didn't want them to be all dried out! Have a great Long weekend!

My husband makes a big batch of pancakes and then wraps 6 at a time in plastic wrap & freezes them. When Sunday morning rolls around we put 2 on a plate & nuke them for a minute--they taste great! We don't use buckwheat, but I would think the premise would be the same. Good luck!

Make them whenever you want, or when you have the time, freeze them, then thaw and use them when you need to. I don't have a microwave, so I just unwrap them, re-wrap them in foil, and put them in a medium oven for about 10 minutes.

They are a good standby - and you can freeze rice and any pasta in amounts to suit you also. I always have enough plain pancakes, rice and pasta in the freezer for a few meals, and it's less fussing around when it comes to cooking the rest of the meal.

Thank you all for your responses they are wonderful. I am going to get going on them and company will enjoy them! along with some sausages and bacon!

Nuke them.