Nutty Flavor Pancakes

I've made a simple but interesting discovery concerning pancakes. It has to do with when the butter is put on them. I ve found it does make a difference!

I seldom eat pancakes. Because of that, I don't keep the supplies on hand for making them. And, I've found a buttermilk flavored frozen brand I think is just as good as those made from scratch.

I cooked some of these frozen pancakes and plated them up.Then, I got busy with something else (a phone call, maybe). When I returned and put butter on them, they had cooled down to the point they were very slow about melting the butter.

I returned them to the toaster oven and melted the butter. Now, when cooking them, I take them from the oven a couple minutes before they have finished cooking, put butter on them, spread the butter around with a silicone brush and return them to the oven.

I watch them carefully as it only takes a minute or two for the butter to start to brown under the broiler unit. I take them from the oven just as the butter starts to brown but not brown.

This slight amount of cooking the butter causes it to develop a nutty like flavor that completely changes the flavor of the pancakes! I think you will like it. Do give it a try.

PS: I haven't tried this with margarine but I'm sure you wouldn't get that nutty flavor.

Did I ever tell you pancakes are in my top 5 favourite foods? Pancakes and waffles, really. I'll be trying this nuttiness. (No margarine, though.) Thanks!

Food and Recipes Food Tips BreakfastMarch 7, 2018
🍀
🌻
🐰
Generated 2021-02-17 12:37:35 in 938 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Nutty-Flavor-Pancakes.html