Reheating Pancakes

Category Breakfast
This is a guide about reheating pancakes. Making extra pancakes and reheating them later can make grabbing breakfast quick and easy. Heating them up properly will prevent them from drying out or getting rubbery.

I've made a simple but interesting discovery concerning pancakes. It has to do with when the butter is put on them. I ve found it does make a difference!

I seldom eat pancakes. Because of that, I don't keep the supplies on hand for making them. And, I've found a buttermilk flavored frozen brand I think is just as good as those made from scratch.

I cooked some of these frozen pancakes and plated them up.Then, I got busy with something else (a phone call, maybe). When I returned and put butter on them, they had cooled down to the point they were very slow about melting the butter.

I returned them to the toaster oven and melted the butter. Now, when cooking them, I take them from the oven a couple minutes before they have finished cooking, put butter on them, spread the butter around with a silicone brush and return them to the oven.

I watch them carefully as it only takes a minute or two for the butter to start to brown under the broiler unit. I take them from the oven just as the butter starts to brown but not brown.

This slight amount of cooking the butter causes it to develop a nutty like flavor that completely changes the flavor of the pancakes! I think you will like it. Do give it a try.

PS: I haven't tried this with margarine but I'm sure you wouldn't get that nutty flavor.

I have a gang coming for the weekend, I am planning buckwheat pancakes. Can I cook them ahead of time and then reheat when we have breakfast?

By Donna from Foymount, Ontario

Answers

Best Answer

I do this at Christmas when the whole family is here. Cook them ahead of time and put them either in the refrigerator (or the freezer if it's more than a couple of days ahead).

To reheat a lot of them at once, put in a casserole dish with a cover - or any pan covered with aluminum foil - and bake in the oven at 350 degrees F. for 20 to 30 minutes.

Best Answer

I also do this & heat them in toaster, as we know the ones in freezer in stores are made ahead, good luck.

Best Answer

I think wrapping panakes in a paper towel and putting them in the microwave for about a minute makes them taste like you just made the. Depending on your microwave it might take a little longer.