Remedy For Burnt Soup?

I fell asleep, the barley cooked to the bottom of the pot and the soup tastes burnt. Is there a remedy for this?

Thanks.

Betty

Answers:

Remedy For Burnt Soup?

I used the remedy suggested for burnt spaghetti sauce; peanut butter, about 3 tsp. for a quart of soup. I did it with homemade chicken vegetable soup I accidentally had burned when re-heating. I poured off the top soup, stuck it in another pan, and used the peanut butter remedy. It surprisingly worked. I figured I had nothing to lose. My soup was thick though, not a real liquid based chicken soup. (10/13/2007)

By shannon

Remedy For Burnt Soup?

This just happened to me this evening with a big pot of Vegetable Beef Soup. I added 1/4 to 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar and then 1/2 cup of sugar to balance out the tart taste. Surprisingly the burnt taste was gone, and I just started over adding the seasonings. It is now simmering away in the crock pot. (04/07/2008)

By Sherry

Remedy For Burnt Soup?

I scorched the bottom of a huge pot of chili. It's still edible, but does have that scorched taste/smell. I called a friend who has been a professional chef and he said to use a little cumin or cinnamon. I had cinnamon open, so sprinkled a little in there. Fantastic! It did away completely with the burnt taste and odor, but I didn't taste the cinnamon. He said that this works on most beef/pork dishes. (12/05/2008)

By JMC

Remedy For Burnt Soup?

Thank you so much. The cinnamon really really worked! I put a lot of time into some chicken and dumpling soup last night after making a whole fryer chicken for dinner. I went to heat it today for lunch, got on the phone, and forgot about it. It was tonight's dinner and I cannot afford to waste food. After the cinnamon I added a little garlic dill to balance, and it tastes even better! (12/08/2008)

By Jani-Bannani

Top Comment

Cooking a pot of Mung beans and lamb with Kale. I fell asleep, woke up to a kitchen of smoke. Quickly changed the pot and added new water. My beans still had the burnt smell and a light burnt taste.

I quickly googled and seen these post about cinnamon.

Thank you thank you it works and the cinnamon is not dominate to the dish..

Burnt Food
Removing Burnt Food Smell from House
Burnt Cookie Sheet
Cleaning Burnt Cookie Sheets
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
🎄
🍂