Remedy for Pets Dry Skin

My recipe is for pets that have dry skin and itch a lot. In a spray bottle (I got at Walmart in beauty supplies) add 1/3 cup of baby oil, 1/3 cup of original Listerine and 1/3 cup of warm water. Shake the bottle to mix and spray on pet. Works well especially on dogs with dandruff and really dry skin. Rub it in. The pet's fur will not be oily, but sure makes him feel better. It is really good for dogs that get hot spots. Always shake mixture before spraying pet.

By Rettasue from Cleveland, TN

Answers:

Remedy for Pets Dry Skin

I just wanted to let you know that your remedy is the best thing I have ever used. Our three Bearded Collies have had an ongoing problem with hot spots. As a matter of fact, just before you posted your suggestion, Ruby's lower back was covered with scabs and she was miserable. There was no way for me to get to the skin to apply medicine to the affected areas. After massaging the solution into those areas. I was able to use a small plastic comb to remove the flakes a little a a time. With that, the skin can now be treated and Ruby is doing so much better, all without having to pay for a visit to the vet.

The other problem with long haired dogs like ours is the matted and tangled fur. Today when I worked on Ruby again, I noticed that a matted area right about where I had put on your remedy was so easy to comb out. After that I applied some remedy to any matted stuff and had her coat looking great in a matter of minutes. Before this, it would take forever to brush and comb. I thought about how grateful I was that you were kind enough to post this tip.

Many thanks, Elsbeth

Many more thank yous from Farley 12, Toby 6 and Ruby 4. (04/11/2006)

By elutz

RE: Remedy for Pets Dry Skin

Dog Scratching Dry Skin
Remedies for Pets' Dry Skin
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Dry Sunburned Skin Remedies
Remedies for Dry Sunburned Skin
A woman cleaning her face with skin toner.
Homemade Skin Toner
🎉
🎄