Removing Body Odor from Furniture

How do I get rid of the horrible smell of stinky feet and body odor from my furniture without breaking the bank?

By cleanhome from Orange County, CA

Answers:

Removing Body Odor from Furniture

Get some foam on carpet shampoo and let dry, then vacuum couch. Then use Febreze in your favorite scent, then don't let stinky feet on the couch. There is foot powder for stinky feet. (05/23/2009)

By mrs.flowerpot

Removing Body Odor from Furniture

You need to sprinkle a good layer of baking soda over the furniture. Leave it on for about 3 days. If you can't avoid using it, drape it in old sheets. Then vac the baking soda up. Then, if you aren't able to get the stinky back sweat smell off the back attached cushions, tip the sofa or chair back, where it will lay on its back, and repeat the process.

It worked on my son's truck, that had less than pleasant smells. I had to lean the bucket seats all the way back, and treat the backs the same way. (05/24/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

Removing Body Odor from Furniture

Use "Out!", it's an enzyme based spray-on pet cleaner-odor remover. The enzymes actually "eat" organic compounds (like sweat, urine, blood, etc). Out! is sold at Walmart for only $4.75 and it has a light vanilla scent (nothing strong), but it will totally get rid of the odor. Just spray it on, then cover the wet area with plastic wrap (so it stays wet). It only works when it's wet. Do this twice, 2 days in a row. No need to rinse unless you want to.

Another idea: You can try hydrogen peroxide. Put it into a well-marked spray bottle. Peroxide will fizz out the odor with oxygen. It also works with only organic stains and odors. This may lighten your fabric. Be sure to check a spot first. No need to rinse. (05/24/2009)

By Cyinda

Removing Body Odor from Furniture

I like Odo-Ban. Great stuff, you can buy big jugs at Sam's Club, but Walmart has smaller spray bottles. Ask for it if you don't see it, they put it in different sections in different stores. You can dilute if needed, check spot before. I used this in flooded basement (no smell after dry, and with incontinent parent ). It was wonderful. I put some on stinky clothes too, before wash and even in rinse. Good luck. (05/24/2009)

By Cairo/Conewango

Removing Body Odor from Furniture

Spray with white vinegar. It will smell like vinegar until it dries. (05/28/2009)

By 1stborn

Upholstered couch.
Removing Body Odor From Furniture
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Leather Chair
Removing Body Odor from Leather
🎄