Removing Candle Wax From Furniture

I had a Pampered Chef party Friday night and candle wax got spilled on my coffee table. How do I get it off? I used Murphy's Oil Sop and a butter knife to try to release some of the spill but there's still some wax on my coffee table. I would appreciate anyone with a solution.

Thank You,

Chris

Answers:

Removing Candle Wax From Furniture

Thank-you for the hot tip. We had a bit of candle wax on our sofa and i tried the 'freeze it' method which was just a waste of time and ice cubes. I tried the brown paper bag and iron trick and couldn't believe how easy it was!... We needed to sell the furniture and people were coming to look at it that afternoon, thank-goodness the wax came off. We got the price we were asking for. Thank-you once again! (04/28/2007)

By Krystle

Removing Candle Wax From Furniture

Be sure not to use a paper towel!! I did this, and the wax came off, but the paper towel stuck to my table. I removed it with warm water, but now the varnish in that spot is rough and unsightly. (05/21/2007)

By Morgan

Removing Candle Wax From Furniture

Thank YOU so much for the AMAZING blow dryer trick - it was easy and quick! This was true furniture saver trick! :)

(06/02/2007)

By Audrey Ivey

Removing Candle Wax From Furniture

Thanks for advice. I used it on an suede ?imitation? sofa, and it worked great! I used an iron on a med - low temp with paper towels. Wax came up quick, but left some dark marks which also came up with a bit more time with the iron. (06/06/2007)

By Pete

Removing Candle Wax From Furniture

My husband (aka bull-in-a-china-shop) bumped into our table full of lit candles which unfortunately sits next to our fabric love seat. Wax spilled all down the side. I used an iron on low setting with paper towels to blot up wax. Worked like a charm! I refuse to give up my candles, so I'll know for next time to keep hubby away from them. (06/17/2007)

By melanie

Removing Candle Wax From Furniture

Hi Chris. I don't know what your coffee table is made of. But I have many times used a credit card type of card to scrape off whatever I could and then wipe it with some isopropyl alcohol. Even a plastic putty knife would be useful.

There are some pieces of furniture I would use an iron on and some I would not. (07/09/2007)

By Sheraone

Removing Candle Wax From Furniture

I thought I had ruined my love seat after I spilled candle wax on it. I tried the iron (low setting) and paper bag tip & it WORKED LIKE MAGIC! (08/27/2007)

By Tina

Removing Candle Wax From Furniture

The hair dryer method works great. (09/17/2007)

By troy

Removing Candle Wax From Furniture

The hairdryer tip worked brilliantly - thanks so much - just scraped the re heated wax away with a cash card. Saved the day thank you!! (09/17/2007)

By Soozie

Removing Candle Wax From Furniture

Medium hot iron and any blotting paper(newspaper) would do great job. It cleaned very well, that I don't have to wipe it again.(09/18/2007)

By Nav

Removing Candle Wax From Furniture

I got orange wax on my light wood table. I used the hair dryer trick scraping with a credit card...the excess wax blew around as I scraped. But then, there was an orange stain, and I thought my table was ruined. I used rubbing alcohol on it, and it came out like a miracle. I was shocked at how easy all this was. Thanks for the tips! (10/19/2007)

By Christine

Removing Candle Wax From Furniture

Hair dryer was a GREAT IDEA (10/25/2007)

By

Candle wax dripping down side of container and wood stand
Cleaning Candle Wax from Wood Furniture
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
candle
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
A clothes iron taking wrinkles out of orange fabric.
Using an Iron for Cleaning Up Candle Wax
🎉
🎄