Removing Candle Wax from Carpet

I spilled some blue candle wax on my living room carpet. How can I remove it?

Angela from Denver, CO

Answers:

Removing Candle Wax from Carpet

I put the brown paper bag which I got from my local shop on the wax on my carpet with a low heated iron and within 10 minutes it came off. I am so pleased as it was a expensive rug my husband brought for me. (11/26/2006)

By Sharon

Removing Candle Wax from Carpet

I also had red candle wax on light beige carpet. It also dripped down a wooden cabinet. I scraped off as much as possible with a butter knife, vacuumed the wax scrapings and then I used the white paper towels with hair dryer set on the highest setting on the carpet. I kept exchanging paper towels until it all came out. It worked! I was left with a pink tone on the carpet, so I used Resolve for Pet Stains (it's the only spray-on carpet cleaner I keep in my house) and the pink tone is now gone. For the wood cabinet, I scraped off as much as possible and then used "Goof Off" (it's like Goo Gone) on the cabinet to get off all the rest. Everything looks great! Thank you to all of you on this website for saving my carpet! (11/26/2006)

By Jennifer

Removing Candle Wax from Carpet

WOW, this is pretty amazing! We had a new year's eve party and someone knocked a candle off a wall all over the carpet and then someone else knocked a candle all over our new couch. I first tried my iron setting at 1, but then found that 2 worked better. I used the paper bag. You could literally watch the candle wax getting absorbed by the paper. It is all gone now, even from off the couch. It really is pretty logical when you think about it. The paper bag works to a) protect the carpet from the heat of the iron and b) to absorb the wax when it melts. Pretty smart, whoever thought of this. I am impressed and so will my guests when they come back to see the wax is all gone. :) (01/06/2007)

By jhoekman

Melted Candle Wax
Removing Candle Wax from Carpet
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
A burning red pillar candle.
Removing a Red Candle Wax Stain from Carpet
🎉
🎄