Removing Cat And Dog Hair From Bed Sheets And Blankets

I would like tips for removing cat and dog hair from bed sheets and blankets.

Heather from Long Beach, CA

Answers:

Use a damp sponge, it works great. (09/14/2006)

By Jan

I run my bedspread or top cover in the dryer on air, take it out, rearrange it and repeat. Lots of hair recovered that way. Sheets, you could do the same before washing and drying. I haven't yet done that, but it's probably a good idea if you have lots of hair. I have two cats who get a good brushing every day and they still shed. The vacuum has pretty good hair balls, too. (09/14/2006)

By 2oma

I have a cat that leaves cat hair all over the place and I have found out that using a lint remover takes it all up and I get the arm exercise at the same time. (09/15/2006)

By Sandy

I've heard that putting on a pair of rubber gloves and then running your hands over surfaces will pick up hair and fuzzies. (09/15/2006)

By Jantoo

I have the same problem. I have 2 dogs that sleep with me. I cover the bed with an old sheet, then twice a week I use a handheld vacuum and vacuum that sheet. Then I take it outside and shake it really good and then wash it. I do the entire bed that way once a week. While the bed is stripped I spray it good with
Febreze. It's a lot of work for me but I love my doggies and wouldn't trade them for anything. (09/15/2006)

By msettamae2

I have a dog that sleeps with me. He sheds a great deal. I place an old sheet over the top of the bed and then use a lint remover on a roller to remove the hair. It works great. (09/15/2006)

By Jacque

I have a white dog and a black cat so no matter what color clothes or furniture I have one or the other's hair shows up.The damp sponge works well (a large one like you use for washing the car) but doesn't always get it all. I went to the dollar store and bought a paint roller and a roll of packing tape. Wrap the packing tape around the paint roller sticky side out and roll the hair up.

This works very well for fine hair that gets embedded in the fabric and it's super cheap. I store the tape on the roller handle and keep it in the closet so I can run it over my clothes just before I go out the door. Hope this helps, it's the best solution I've found. (09/18/2006)

By Donna6397

Another way to remove cat or dog hair from blankets is to get a bowl with warm water, wet your hand a little bit and start rubbing your blanket. The hair will absorb the water and it will become little hair balls. You can then pick em all and throw em away. (07/19/2008)

By DankBudz

I recently bought a Libman Lint Brush, made in USA from Home Depot. The price was $3.99 + tax. Not sold in stores, ordered it on their website and had it shipped to my local Home Depot.

White cat laying on white bed. Lower body is under covers, front legs are straight and hanging off the bed
Removing Pet Hair from Bedding
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄