Removing Cat and Dog Hair from Bed Sheets and Blankets

I have two dogs and a mink blanket, and with it becoming summer, they are still shedding profusely. I have washed my blanket several times and dried it. The dog hair remains, not nearly as bad, but there is still plenty there. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the rest of the hair off of the blanket?

By catielady09 from OH

Best Answer

Take a roll of wide duct tape. Unroll just enough to wrap it around the spool backwards and stick to the beginning. Then roll this over your sheets and blankets. It'll pick it all up. If it gets full of hair and debris, simply cut off this section and roll out a fresh section. I have 2 black dogs who sleep with me and I do this every morning when I make the bed.

Anonymous

This is very time consuming , has to be a better way

I used to have some balls the I put in the wash with the blankets. Does anyone know where I can get something like that

tennis balls

I have couch pillows that get covered with cat hair. I have found that if I put them in the dryer with some dryer sheets, they all come out with no hair and smell great!

Anonymous

bed bath and beyond hs dryer balls

Anonymous

You can purchase them from Betterware catalogues. But I tried it. It was not that good. Still I find hair on the clothes. These catologues are only available in UK.

Best Answer

I can recommend two options. #1 purchase one of the rollers that you use to take lint off of clothing. You may go through several sheets but I know it takes all of my cats fur off of just about everything.

Oh yes, if you're near and IKEA I've found them to be the cheapest there. (They have refills too.) #2 there is a pet hair remover sponge (mine is blue) which is sold in Bed Bath & Beyond (about $5) and it seems to work really well also.

I would recommend using Fur-Zoff. It works great for getting all of my cats hair off of the furniture. I like it better then most ways because it's a "green" product and is supposed to last you forever. I believe you can find it now at http://www.FurZoff.net. I hope this is helpful! goodluck!

Because i have a pug that sleeps with me, I have a bench brush that is used only on my bed sheets & blankets.

I've also found rubbing sheets/blankets down while wearing latex glove works wonders!