Removing Denture Adhesive from My Mouth

I wear dentures and have to use adhesive. My question is, how can I easily get the adhesive from the roof of my mouth when I take out my dentures? I try brushing and it just doesn't work, and it is annoying to have the gunk still in my mouth after removing the dentures. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

jmz2005 from IL

Answers:

Removing Denture Adhesive from Mouth

The following site ( http://www.fixodent.com/tips_qa.html ) has this advice for their product:
"How do I remove adhesive residue?
To remove adhesive residue from your dentures, use a denture cleanser such as Fixodent® Denture Cleanser System with ProGuard. To remove adhesive residue from your mouth, gums, tongue, and palate, brush the roof of your mouth and gums with a soft-bristled toothbrush, toothpaste such as Crest®, and comfortably hot water." I hope this helps. (06/09/2007)

By Luvyabye

Removing Denture Adhesive from My Mouth

I wash my hands and use a paper towel to pull the adhesive. This works very well for me. Also my fingers will get the rest. (06/10/2007)

By Jane

Removing Denture Adhesive from My Mouth

If you want to take your dentures out and you just put them in with adhesive, use this old trick. Eat a piece of chocolate. Believe it or not, this works well. Something in the chocolate makes the denture adhesive breakdown. This also helps in removing the "extra" adhesive from your mouth and what a fun way! Good luck. (06/11/2007)

By Monica

Removing Denture Adhesive from My Mouth

I found that, by putting only a very small amount of adhesive on my denture, I didn't have any residue, but it still held the denture in all day long. God bless you. (06/11/2007)

By tedsmom

Removing Denture Adhesive from My Mouth

Cold, cold water is the key. Even try sucking on an ice cube for a few seconds and it will come off quite easily. (06/11/2007)

By angel-on-board

Removing Denture Adhesive from My Mouth

I had problems as well. My dentist showed me what to do. Use water as hot as is comfortable. Swish it around and it 'melts' the glue, no matter what kind you use. Did you ever notice that when you eat hot foods, your dentures get loose? (06/12/2007)

By Dyann

Removing Denture Adhesive from My Mouth

You can also just use a toothpick to remove obvious dental adhesive from your front teeth. It's great for temporaries/flippers, to keep them comfortable and in place at the same time. (06/12/2007)

By pamphyila

Removing Denture Adhesive from My Mouth

If you use the powder kind it is easier and a lot less messy. It only leaves a light film that normal brushing takes off. Hope this helps. (09/08/2007)

By wvrdnkwmn

Removing Denture Adhesive from My Mouth

I found my solution for this. I'm using now Sea-Bond. Is easy to use, and easier to remove. I only have to rinse my mouth after use to feel my mouth fresh, no residue whatsoever. None in the dentures either, I only peel off the wafer and rinse the denture. It is a little more expensive, but from my perspective worth it. I hope this can help. (11/22/2008)

By CC -Hershey, PA

Removing Denture Adhesive from My Mouth

I remove my full upper denture. I then get a dry washcloth and clean the upper pallet of my mouth. The Fixodent comes right off on the dry wash cloth. Paper towels do not work. A dry wash cloth works wonders. (12/13/2010)

By 4tniyhearts

If I accidentally use too much denture glue I suck on an Altoid, the peppermint ones are my favorite, and the sugar alcohol eats away the glue.

Top Dentures with Adhesive being applied
Removing Denture Adhesive from Your Mouth
A denture tablet submerged in water.
Storing Denture Tablets
Excess Adhesive on Floor Tiles
Removing Excess Adhesive From Floor Tiles
Denture Cleaner
Denture Cleaner Recipes
Denture Tablet
Cleaning Uses for Denture Tablets
🎄