Removing Denture Adhesive from My Mouth

How do I remove Fixadent from my gums?

By teresa from VA

Best Answer

Rinse your mouth with as hot of water as you can stand, you may have to repeat a couple of times. I use a soft toothbrush also. I really miss brushing my teeth and the fresh taste of toothpaste and brushing my gums with toothpaste and a soft toothbrush helps a lot.

If you are like me you will find you are using too much denture adhesive. When it gets so you need to use more you really need to use liner. There is a real easy one to use just like the dentists use called permasoft. You can get from ebay the cheapest or from this lab

perma-laboratories.com/denture_reline.html for a couple of dollars more. I used it every three months or so when I first got my temporary dentures. It is a two part mix very easy to do. Good luck.

Anonymous

Thanx , I'll try that

I just pull it off manually with my fingers, although mine doesn't particularly stick (maybe that is more specific to having only a small partial). I like Polygrip better than Fixodent, although I use both.

I have full upper & lower dentures. I don't need any liners or paste on uppers but my lower, I use Poligrip strips. I apply as suggested on box then cut one strip in half & put that in the front middle of indent on denture.

I would have to use denture paste but that day may come, who knows? Anyway, until that day comes, I use Poligrip strips & don't have that much of a problem as the paste would cause.

I also have the problem of removing excess adhesive from my gums. I have to use a lot of adhesive to make up for my poor fitting dentures and can't afford new ones. First, I wipe as much as I can off with a cheap paper towel, the rougher the better. Then I suck on a Vitamin C lozenge, the chewable kind. By the time the tablet has dissolved, the adhesive is gone and I've got my daily dose of Vitamin-C.

Anonymous

You should be careful how much of the adhesive you swallow as it most likely contains zinc which can overtime cause health concerns.

I have found that arm and hammer, peroxide toothpaste for healthy gums makes denture adhesive release from my mouth. I brush with it and rinse in warm water. When I rinse the adhesive is hanging loose and I remove it with a paper towel.

I then wait an hour and drink a hot drink or a soda, both of which will remove any left. Before bed I re-brush with a toothpaste that tastes a little fresher as arm and hammer isnt very refreshing, and use an alcohol based mouthwash. I use Listerine. Works everytime.

For upper fixtures, the answer is: Sea Bond. Follow the instructions. Trim the back edge. Make the "V" cut. Trim the sides. Customize the front "V" area. Moisten the pad. Install one side at a time using the pinkie, being sure that the front portion of the second side overlaps the first side (not bunched in). Insert and hold about 15 seconds. Done. Cut and carry a replacement. For lower fixtures, suffer the minimal inconvenience of Fixodent.

Anonymous

Seabird feels like sticking peach skin to the roof of your mouth terrible stuff I want my old teeth back :*(

Anonymous

Screw my old teeth; I was happier with just gums

I had a big problem with Polident sticking to my mouth and gums. I finally started rinsing my mouth hot water, after about 5 rinses it comes off really good.

Anonymous

Drink milk, or eat a bowl of cereal with milk. I find milk dissolves polygrip completely to the point that I have to reapply the adhesive if I am not yet ready to remove my dentures.

Anonymous

I use a dry towel that I have for this purpose only and wash after the day. It rubs most off. I use powdered Fixodent on top so no issues, its just for food seal. But my lowers never will fit because of extreme bone loss and a crooked jawline, i have to use a lot of fixodent cream only on lower. It gets all over, and if you pull it off soon after applying it can rip skin off with it! So I brush with water, then use towel. Then if bits are left scrape with my fingernail and discard.

Then re brush. Then swish. I want to invent a gum scraper item just for this purpose though. I think Seabond is awful, slimy and doesnt work for bottems anyhow. I find if I use too much paste it seals worse than with a bit less. Also, if you sleep in dentures and wake up, remove them and the paste will come right off. Why? I guess gums change during sleep? But I am not supposed to sleep in my teeth. I accidently have though!

Anonymous

A teaspoon of salt with 7oz of really warm water. Swish hard and it goes away really fast.

If you want dental adhesive goo from you mouth use orange juice. I ate a piece of orange and the goo disappeared immediately but I bet orange juice works as well.

Health & Beauty AdviceJanuary 12, 2011
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-08 18:07:13 in 970 msecs. ⛅️️