Removing Ink on a Leather Wallet

Several days ago I purchased a used Michael Kors vanilla leather wallet. I noticed that it had pen ink stains on the inside of the closure. I don't know how or what to use to remove that ink stain without damaging the wallet. Any suggestions? I have included 2 pics of my wallet; hope this helps. Thank you!

Hairspray or Magic Eraser can remove it. However, if you purchased it so recently, why don't you return it and get one in perfect condition?

Anonymous

Hello, and thank for the advise. I can't return it, I bought it at Poshmark. And they have certain rules especially if the seller refuses to refund. I shouldv'e been more careful before purchasing this item.

Thank you for the advise, I wish that I could return it, but the seller refuses to refund. I bought at Poshmark.

Nice that you found a used wallet that you like.

Try using a magic eraser or dipping a q-tip with alcohol.

Both of these seem to work better (for me) than hairspray which sometimes removed/changed the color.

Try to rub lightly as even rubbing hard with a magic marker can/may remove some of the color.

Let purse dry and determine if you need to retry one method before going to another solution.

It seems one point to remember with any solution you try is to test a small inconspicuous area before attempting the "seen" areas.

I always finish the cleaning routine by applying a leather conditioner to the spot - using a clean towel.

Even leather cleaners/conditioners from the auto department have worked for me.

I use this web site for info on how to remove many types of stains:

http://spotremo … ink-from-leather

Hello, thank you for the advise, I will try those methods. hope it works. I had bought a solution called, Lift-off, but it didn't work at all. I wonder if a leather cleaner solution will work? I bought it as is at Poshmark. I shouldv'e have bought it at Macy's instead.

Coconut oil. It will get it off. Rub on the area with the ink stains and then cover the entire area. Wipe with dry rag. Another solution is Murphys oil soap.

Hello and thank you for your advise, I will try coconut oil and if that doesn't work then my next option would be taking to the cleaners and see if they can remove the ink stain.

I have a lot of leather items and have tried many types of stain removers (I have never used an oil as I thought it would stain the leather even more?) but leather cleaners and restorers from an automotive department/store usually helps a lot.