Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Paint From a Door or Window Screen

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Window Screen

Drips and overspray from painting can result in paint on the window screens. This is a guide about removing paint from a window screen.

Here are questions related to Removing Paint From a Door or Window Screen.

Question: Removing Paint from Screen on Security Door

I have a "security screen door" that has been painted a couple of times over the last 10 years. I want to paint it again, but would like to remove the existing paint first. I've been successful in removing the paint from the door frame, but have tried everything on the screen area without any success. Help!

By Tony G.

Most Recent Answer

By Grandma J [46]03/26/2013

Take it to your local hardware store or lumber place and have them put new screen in. They have kits to do it yourself, if you want. Not that big of a deal. Used to be how we did it back in the 60s, 70s. Redid screen doors and window screens.

Question: Removing Paint from a Window Screen

The landlord did a terrible job painting the bathroom. When painting inside the window, the brush scraped along the sides of window screen and dried. What's the best way to remove it? I tried warm water, but that didn't work. Now it's been there a month!

By Gayle T.

Most Recent Answer

By Lewissan [30]03/21/2013

I would try isopropyl alcohol on a rag first. Is it on the screen itself or on the border of it? Next you could try acetone, but if it's the border of the screen, and that is painted, using strong solvents may damage the paint underneath.

Solutions: Removing Paint From a Door or Window Screen

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!