Removing Salt Stains on Suede Boots

My suede boots are a very bright and light blue color. How do I use vinegar to remove salt, but not to discolor my boots?

By Marina

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I got new red suede boots for Christmas and wore then out in the snow and got salt stains on them. Was heart broken as they were so comfortable and cute! I used the 1 tablespoon of white vinegar in the cup of warm water, wiped this on the boots and let dry. They look great, salt stains are gone and no discoloration. It is not a good idea to brush them or rough them up, because you are wearing the suede away.

A pair of tan suede boots.
Cleaning Salt Stains from Suede Boots
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing ShoesDecember 20, 2013
Men's leather winter boots.
Removing Smoke Odor from Leather Boots
Woman's Winter Suede Boots
Repairing Bleach Spots on Suede Boots
A salt dough ornament on a Christmas tree.
Making Salt Dough Ornaments
Suede Boots
Cleaning Suede Boots
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 5:32:00 PM on 10.0.0.74 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.