Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Stains from a Porcelain Sink

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Porcelain Sink

Sometimes your sink may have stains that are difficult to remove. This is a guide about removing stains from a porcelain sink.

Solutions: Removing Stains from a Porcelain Sink

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Nail Polish Remover for Sink Stains

Got stains that won't come out of your sink? Use nail polish remover on a cotton ball and it will come right off, no matter what the stain.

By Anna K.

Tip: Dishwasher Gel for Sink Stains

Dab dishwasher gel on any stains in your sink, and let it set overnight. In the morning the stains will be gone!

By Linda

Tip: Tub or Sink Stain Tip

Got a stain on your tub or sink? Clean them quick and easy. Add cream of tartar and hydrogen peroxide and make a paste. Spread the paste over the stain and scrub lightly with a brush. Let the paste dry and then wipe or rinse it off. That's it you're done. No back-breaking work here! Hope this helps. Take care of you and those you love.

By Suzanne S.

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Removing Stains from a Porcelain Sink.

Question: Removing Porcelain Sink Stain

It appears that some eye medicine my mom used has made stains on my bathroom sink. I tried several things, but nothing works. Any suggestions?

By Gloria

Question: Rust Stain On Porcelain Sink

I have a grey porcelain bathroom sink that I love. Around the drain there is quite a bit of rust. I really don't want to replace the sink. Does anyone know how to get rid of rust once and for all? Or could I sand down the rusty spots and apply paint for porcelain over it and have it last? Thanks.

By Cyd from CO

Most Recent Answer

By NG02/19/2011

I tried the pumice stone that was suggested on this page and it worked! It's not 100% yet, but close (98% gone). I'd recommend this over the chemicals. At least, give it a try first. Thanks Kristal.

Question: Cleaning a Porcelain Sink

I have a alabaster porcelain sink. I really don't know what happened, but there is a white ring mark in the sink. I can't get it out. I'm thinking someone put a pan that was too hot in the sink. How can I remove this white ring?

By Celeste from Waterbury, CT

Most Recent Answer

By kathleen williams [23]04/11/2010

Have you tried baking soda?It should work, good luck.

Question: Blue Stain Around Sink Drain

I have a blue stain around my new sink in the bathroom upstairs, but I don't have it in my main floor bath. Any suggestions? I would be grateful. Please help. Thanks in advance.

By Brenda from Lac Baker, NB

Question: Removing Stains from Bathroom Sink

How do I remove stains from a plastic bathroom sink? I bought a house a few months ago. The bathroom sink is plastic and a beige color. There are stains in the sink that look like someone just brushed their teeth, spit out the toothpaste, and didn't rinse the sink. I have scrubbed with several types cleaner, to no avail. It is embarrassing because it is in my guest bath. What can I do?

By Rhetta from Lumberton, MS

Most Recent Answer

By Rhetta Domingue [3]09/06/2009

Thank you all for your suggestions. I got the stains out with OxyClean.

Question: Removing Yellow Stains on Sink

I have used hand soap dispensers on my porcelain bathroom sinks. Unfortunately, they have left yellow circles/rings on the sinks now. I have tried many things, but I just can't find a solution to remove these stains. Please help. My bathrooms are only 3 years old. Thanks.

By lhanson from Georgetown, KY

Most Recent Answer

By tawana [2]06/11/2009

I have the same problem and I use baking soda with water vinegar made into a paste. Mix it, let it set for 10 min, and rub with a cloth. Works for me. Good Luck.

Question: Gray Marks on a Porcelain Sink

How do you get the gray mark out of your kitchen sink. My sink is just a year old and the marks are getting worse. I use cleanser but it doesn't budge them. Please help.

Jean from Banning, CA

Most Recent Answer

By Mark02/06/2010

Use some smooth cook top cleaner on a paper towel, rub & within seconds, the scratches will disappear, guaranteed! This also works great on bath/jetted tubs also.

Question: Motor Oil Stains in Sink

Please help! My boyfriend is a mechanic and there are motor oil stains in our bathroom sink! Does anyone know how I can get these pesky stains off the porcelain?

Lacey

Most Recent Answer

By American Rekrete of SA at aol.com (Guest Post)10/03/2005

Lacey I sell a cleaner that's made for cleaning oil stains E-mail me and i can send you a sample to try.