Removing Stains from a Porcelain Sink

Sometimes your sink may have stains that are difficult to remove. This is a guide about removing stains from a porcelain sink.

Porcelain Sink
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

How do you get the gray mark out of your kitchen sink. My sink is just a year old and the marks are getting worse. I use cleanser but it doesn't budge them. Please help.

Jean from Banning, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Use some smooth cook top cleaner on a paper towel, rub & within seconds, the scratches will disappear, guaranteed! This also works great on bath/jetted tubs also.

Read More Answers...

My wife likes to use Windex to clean everything! Well, she was cleaning the guest bathroom sink and there was an area where the porcelain enamel had rubbed off unbeknownst to her. Once the spray hit that spot, it absorbed the blue spray and now there is a big discolored blue spot where the enamel had rubbed off. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can remove the stain? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By Morgan F.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can try getting a small container, sold in hardware stores, of white enamel touch up paint for just for this purpose for chips.

Syd's 2 cents

Read More Answers...

dark stain on sinkI have a hair removal cream stain on my white sink. It has been there for 3 weeks. Now the stain is dark grey. What can I do? Please help me!

By Jolanta

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Have you tried Magic Eraser? It removed some of the stains in my bathroom that products had left behind. Some of the stains had been there for over 10 years, and it took them right off. May be worth a try for you.

It appears that some eye medicine my mom used has made stains on my bathroom sink. I tried several things, but nothing works. Any suggestions?

By Gloria

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

We have a white kitchen sink, yes strange, but it is white. We rinsed a bowl and a plate then left them in the sink before we went overseas for 3 weeks. When we returned we found circular yellow stains where the blowl and plate had been. Tried scrubbing with Jiff, Ajax Professional Mould Remover and OzKleen Mould power, all to no avail. I then wiped the sink as dry as I could and sprayed on 30 Seconds Indoor Mould Remover, thinking this won't work either. But about 3 minutes later, I couldnt believe my eyes. THE YELLOW WAS COMPLETELY GONE. You can buy this product at Bunnings.

I have used hand soap dispensers on my porcelain bathroom sinks. Unfortunately, they have left yellow circles/rings on the sinks now. I have tried many things, but I just can't find a solution to remove these stains. Please help. My bathrooms are only 3 years old. Thanks.

By lhanson from Georgetown, KY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have the same problem and I use baking soda with water vinegar made into a paste. Mix it, let it set for 10 min, and rub with a cloth. Works for me. Good Luck.

Read More Answers...

Got stains that won't come out of your sink? Use nail polish remover on a cotton ball and it will come right off, no matter what the stain.

By Anna K.

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have a grey porcelain bathroom sink that I love. Around the drain there is quite a bit of rust. I really don't want to replace the sink. Does anyone know how to get rid of rust once and for all? Or could I sand down the rusty spots and apply paint for porcelain over it and have it last? Thanks.

By Cyd from CO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I tried the pumice stone that was suggested on this page and it worked! It's not 100% yet, but close (98% gone). I'd recommend this over the chemicals. At least, give it a try first. Thanks Kristal.

Read More Answers...

I have a alabaster porcelain sink. I really don't know what happened, but there is a white ring mark in the sink. I can't get it out. I'm thinking someone put a pan that was too hot in the sink. How can I remove this white ring?

By Celeste from Waterbury, CT

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Have you tried baking soda?It should work, good luck.

I have a blue stain around my new sink in the bathroom upstairs, but I don't have it in my main floor bath. Any suggestions? I would be grateful. Please help. Thanks in advance.

By Brenda from Lac Baker, NB

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Dab dishwasher gel on any stains in your sink, and let it set overnight. In the morning the stains will be gone!

By Linda

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Got a stain on your tub or sink? Clean them quick and easy. Add cream of tartar and hydrogen peroxide and make a paste. Spread the paste over the stain and scrub lightly with a brush. Let the paste dry and then wipe or rinse it off. That's it you're done. No back-breaking work here! Hope this helps. Take care of you and those you love.

By Suzanne S.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Please help! My boyfriend is a mechanic and there are motor oil stains in our bathroom sink! Does anyone know how I can get these pesky stains off the porcelain?

Lacey

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Lacey I sell a cleaner that's made for cleaning oil stains E-mail me and i can send you a sample to try.

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomApril 27, 2013
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Porcelain Sink
Refinishing an Old Porcelain Sink
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 24, 2016 at 6:06:46 PM on 10.0.0.251 in 295 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.