Browsing: Removing Stains from a Porcelain Sink

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Stains from a Porcelain Sink

Sometimes your sink may have stains that are difficult to remove. This is a guide about removing stains from a porcelain sink.

Porcelain Sink
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

December 8, 2014 Flag

My wife likes to use Windex to clean everything! Well, she was cleaning the guest bathroom sink and there was an area where the porcelain enamel had rubbed off unbeknownst to her. Once the spray hit that spot, it absorbed the blue spray and now there is a big discolored blue spot where the enamel had rubbed off. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can remove the stain? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By Morgan F.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can try getting a small container, sold in hardware stores, of white enamel touch up paint for just for this purpose for chips.

Syd's 2 cents

Got big stain off my sink

Ordered. BARKEET.

EASY. ORDER ON LINE

MY NEW SINK. IS SHINY LOOKS

LIKE NEW AGAIN ONLY 3 years old

Use BAR KEEP.

TOOK LARGE STAIN OFF

LOOKS LIKE NEW.

TOLD BY RE-BATH TO TRY

GREAT

Read More Answers...

May 7, 2007 Flag

How do you get the gray mark out of your kitchen sink. My sink is just a year old and the marks are getting worse. I use cleanser but it doesn't budge them. Please help.

Jean from Banning, CA

Toothpaste! OMG it worked great and my new-ish sink is new again. Try it.

Use some smooth cook top cleaner on a paper towel, rub & within seconds, the scratches will disappear, guaranteed! This also works great on bath/jetted tubs also.

My new sink had a big stain

Get. BARKEET. WE HAD TO ORDER

IT. JUST LIKE NEW

Read More Answers...

February 27, 2015 Flag

dark stain on sinkI have a hair removal cream stain on my white sink. It has been there for 3 weeks. Now the stain is dark grey. What can I do? Please help me!

By Jolanta

Have you tried Magic Eraser? It removed some of the stains in my bathroom that products had left behind. Some of the stains had been there for over 10 years, and it took them right off. May be worth a try for you.

Use Barkeepeer's Friend and a scouring pad. Took out iodine stains.

May 10, 2014 Flag

It appears that some eye medicine my mom used has made stains on my bathroom sink. I tried several things, but nothing works. Any suggestions?

By Gloria

We have a white kitchen sink, yes strange, but it is white. We rinsed a bowl and a plate then left them in the sink before we went overseas for 3 weeks. When we returned we found circular yellow stains where the blowl and plate had been. Tried scrubbing with Jiff, Ajax Professional Mould Remover and OzKleen Mould power, all to no avail. I then wiped the sink as dry as I could and sprayed on 30 Seconds Indoor Mould Remover, thinking this won't work either. But about 3 minutes later, I couldnt believe my eyes. THE YELLOW WAS COMPLETELY GONE. You can buy this product at Bunnings.

June 7, 2009 Flag

I have used hand soap dispensers on my porcelain bathroom sinks. Unfortunately, they have left yellow circles/rings on the sinks now. I have tried many things, but I just can't find a solution to remove these stains. Please help. My bathrooms are only 3 years old. Thanks.

By lhanson from Georgetown, KY

If the stains are on the sink itself like my stains from soap dispensers are try using dishwasher gel. Put some on the area, with a rag rub it in, let it sit a bit and then rub and rinse off. This is all I ever use to clean my sinks and tub after wondering one day why the side of the sink the dishwasher drained on was always so clean. Sadly, I no longer have the dishwasher, but I do have my gel to clean with. I use a store brand, but any kind should work.

This is a common problem for me under my RubberMaid mat. I just use bleach!

Jim in Jax

I have the same problem and I use baking soda with water vinegar made into a paste. Mix it, let it set for 10 min, and rub with a cloth. Works for me. Good Luck.

January 11, 2005 Flag

Got stains that won't come out of your sink? Use nail polish remover on a cotton ball and it will come right off, no matter what the stain.

By Anna K.

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 11, 2010 Flag

I have a grey porcelain bathroom sink that I love. Around the drain there is quite a bit of rust. I really don't want to replace the sink. Does anyone know how to get rid of rust once and for all? Or could I sand down the rusty spots and apply paint for porcelain over it and have it last? Thanks.

By Cyd from CO

"Have you tried Bar Keeper's Friend? I had a stained porcelain sink (marks from my cast iron skillet, plus rust from something else), and nothing else helped. My mother-in-law recommended Bar Keeper's Friend, and it worked like a charm! I found it in the cleaning supplies near Comet. Best of luck!"

(http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf55521849.tip.html)

I tried the pumice stone that was suggested on this page and it worked! It's not 100% yet, but close (98% gone). I'd recommend this over the chemicals. At least, give it a try first. Thanks Kristal.

April 11, 2010 Flag

I have a alabaster porcelain sink. I really don't know what happened, but there is a white ring mark in the sink. I can't get it out. I'm thinking someone put a pan that was too hot in the sink. How can I remove this white ring?

By Celeste from Waterbury, CT

Have you tried baking soda?It should work, good luck.

February 22, 2010 Flag

I have a blue stain around my new sink in the bathroom upstairs, but I don't have it in my main floor bath. Any suggestions? I would be grateful. Please help. Thanks in advance.

By Brenda from Lac Baker, NB

November 6, 2004 Flag

Dab dishwasher gel on any stains in your sink, and let it set overnight. In the morning the stains will be gone!

By Linda

October 26, 2004 Flag

Got a stain on your tub or sink? Clean them quick and easy. Add cream of tartar and hydrogen peroxide and make a paste. Spread the paste over the stain and scrub lightly with a brush. Let the paste dry and then wipe or rinse it off. That's it you're done. No back-breaking work here! Hope this helps. Take care of you and those you love.

By Suzanne S.

August 2, 2004 Flag

Please help! My boyfriend is a mechanic and there are motor oil stains in our bathroom sink! Does anyone know how I can get these pesky stains off the porcelain?

Lacey

Well, we are deisel freaks here and teh only thing I use on grease any where any time gets it ever time from carpet to refridgerator door handle to teh knobs on the tub and the faucet in the sink and everything in between..... DAWN (the old blue kind not with any lotions or oils or scents) dishsoap and a little sponge and water..... I am often ask by others in our trucking field how we keep teh clothes and carpet and driveway and tools and selves clean from the grease.. I jsut smile and say DAWN. I leave a bottle in the bathroom at all times so he and I can wash with that instead of bar or liquid soap. the grease just lingeres with everything else!

Dollar general store still carries teh old blue kind I have come to know and love for still only a dollar a bottle. wallmart I think has it for 97 cents. and if that doesn't work let sink dry completely rub a genours amount of WD40 on all effected areas rub it in to the stains..... this will loosen teh stains , Now use the DAWN and it will come out. Good luck.

My boyfriend always has motor oil on his tighty whiteys! They wont come out! If you think that is bad then try getting out the gasoline stains! holy cow! ! !

Lacey I sell a cleaner that's made for cleaning oil stains E-mail me and i can send you a sample to try.

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomApril 27, 2013
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Porcelain Sink
Refinishing an Old Porcelain Sink
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 9:23:27 AM on 10.0.2.116 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.