Browsing: Removing Sticker Residue

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Sticker Residue

It is so frustrating trying to remove sticker residue from your purchases or elsewhere around your home. This is a guide about removing sticker residue.

Removing Sticker Residue
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

May 13, 2009 Flag

How many of you moms out there have spent entirely too much time trying to remove stickers that have been stuck on every surface in the entire house by your ornery toddler? Hold onto your bonnets, ladies! You ready? Use the steam from your iron to remove any type of sticky sticker off any surface!

Fill your iron chuck full of water and turn the heat and steam on High. Let it get good and hot, then hold your iron upright or over your sticker nightmare and start pressing that steam button as fast as you can. In seconds, the entire sticker can be lifted off with absolutely NO residue left on the surface.

May all of you sticker-removing mommies sleep better tonight knowing that at least one toddler mess can be cleaned up with ease.

By April from Albany, GA

January 21, 2014 Flag

Don't you just hate it when you get something new made of glass with a sticker on it. You remove the sticker, but it leaves a sticky goo like substance on it. Problem solved! Just put some rubbing alcohol, mineral oil, or nail polish remover on a cotton ball or paper towel and rub it. The residue comes right off. So easy!

August 30, 2012 Flag

Don't you find it annoying when you buy something and when you try to remove the label it leaves a greasy or a sticky substance on the item? Well if you don't have any goo begone, just smear a gob of peanut butter on it.

July 17, 2011 Flag

You probably won't believe it, but the best thing I know to remove sticky residue from labels and tags is fly spray! Yep, your everyday, garden variety fly spray. Spray some on a paper towel and rub the sticky area.

January 2, 2011 Flag

How do I remove the sticky glue from labels placed on containers?

By Curtis from Valley Mills, TX

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I used J & J baby body wash, let it soak over night. The labels came off but not the glue. I used Land of Lakes butter

with Canola Oil as a ingredient, smeared it on the lids on the glue areas and let it sit for 30 minutes. Then ran water on the lid and used a paper towel to wipe it off and all the glue was gone and no scratches. I could not see where anything had ever been on it (crystal clear). I was amazed and believe if I had used the butter in the beginning label and glue would have come off in one easy procedure. Hope this helps!

Read More Answers...

December 5, 2014 Flag

Lemon essential oil removes sticky residues quickly and easily. Put 4 drops of the lemon essential oil onto a cotton ball. Hold the cotton ball onto the sticky residue for a couple seconds then rub in a circular motion until the residue is gone. I have successfully used this method for removing two sided tape from metal and also sticky residue from labels.

supplies

June 6, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about cleaning glue residue from pots and pans. Label glue is often difficult to remove.

Close up of racks of woks for sale.  You can see the sticker reflected from the inside of the pan

May 16, 2008 Flag

To remove price stickers, bumper stickers, or glue residue try using Goo Gone. I have found it to be the best, fastest, and will not damage. I even used it on t-shirts and jeans after I removed a stick-on label and it left a glue residue.

October 18, 2011 Flag

Lighter fluid for cigarette lighters (Ronsonal, Zippo, or store brand) is wonderful for removing sticky stickers or labels. It even works on fabric! Just a little bit will dissolve the messy sticky residue.

June 23, 2011 Flag

I bought a large wall mirror and after removing the label there's a sticky residue that I can't take off. I tried alcohol and nail polish remover. Thanks

By Letty

Try GooBGone. Works for me.

Read More Answers...

May 10, 2010 Flag

You know how you peel off a sticker and it leaves behind the sticky glue? I used Bath and Body Works hand sanitizer and it works great. I put some on and spread it evenly throughout the surface then let it sit for 20-30 minutes.

August 5, 2010 Flag

I would like to know how to remove glue left on silverware, such as knife/fork from the sales tag.

By Patricia from Buffalo, NY

Goo-Gone works very well on this. Follow the directions and your problem should be history.

Read More Answers...

July 30, 2013 Flag

How do I remove the sticky residue left from a sticker on inside of shoe, under my heel? It is leather, so I don't know if I can use Goo Gone. When I walk, one heel sticks and makes noise every time I take a step. Very frustrating!

By Christine K.

I bought a pair of sandals that have that suede type fabric and right under my heels there were stickers that rubbed off, leaving a sticky residue. I read all over different methods so I started going down the list. First I tried letting peanut butter sit on it, then I wiped it away with paper towels (which didn't work) and then I tried wiping it with a cotton ball and it was still super sticky. Then I tried rubbing in all sorts of directions with 100% acetone nail polish remover and cotton balls again. Still it felt sticky to me.

So then I tried vegetable oil with cotton balls. I let it sit for a minute or so and then would rub in any direction where it looked like the suede was going different directions and the residue was lifting. In the end, I have the circular spots still there, but since they are sandals, I don't mind especially since they are dried and no longer sticky.

Just experiment a little with things that you know won't ruin the fabric in your shoes. :)

Read More Answers...

October 26, 2013 Flag

I have a square of whitish sticky residue on a black leather coat left after removing a name tag from it.
Does anyone know how to get that off without damaging the leather?

By Eleanor G

For leather I use this stuff called SofSole Leather Lotion that I buy from DSW.

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJanuary 4, 2013
roll of tape
Removing Tape Residue From Clothing and Fabric
Removing a bandaid and leaving behind some adhesive residue.
Removing Adhesive Residue on Skin
Closeup of HDMI Cable
Saving Money on HDMI Cables
Bumper Sticker
Removing a Bumper Sticker
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 26, 2016 at 3:12:26 PM on 10.0.0.34 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.