Removing Water Marks from Wood Furniture

How do I remove water marks from wood furniture?

Linda from Penryn, CA

For dark finishes like Walnut, if the marks can't be removed without totally refinishing, I would try applying some "Old English" dark furniture polish. It's similiar to furniture staining, and works great to hide lighter spots and scratches, while blending in with the rest of the wood finish. (You may want to test it first to see if it will give the desired result.) (03/24/2007)

By tismom

Could not believe my eyes! I didn't have access to ashes so I used a small amount of baking soda. You cannot tell the mark was there, and it was a significant one! (03/29/2007)

By Deb

The steaming iron did not work. It left a bigger white stain on my table. (04/10/2007)

By HockGan

Water Mark on Wood
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks