Removing Wrinkles from Sheers

Sheer curtains often come out of the package with wrinkles from being folded. They may also develop wrinkles when being cleaned. This is a guide about removing wrinkles from sheers.

Window Sheers
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

If I hang my wrinkled sheers and then spray them with Wrinkle Release, will the wrinkles come out? I hate to hang them and then have it not work. I've tried everything and nothing will take them out.

By Trish

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I found a cheaper and easier way to "hang" the wrinkles out of my curtains. I found the solution in the sports section of Wal Mart. I simply bought some fishing weights. Now after washing my curtains, I hang them back up immediately after taking them from the washer. Then I put a fishing weight into the bottom hem every 5-8 inches or so. This extra weight pulls them down just enough to take the wrinkles out.

Once they are dry I take the weights out till the next time they are washed.

No more tiresome ironing of curtains!

Read More Answers...

I purchased window sheers (polyester) and can't get the wrinkles out of them. I washed them and dried them in the dryer. I even ironed them, but the wrinkles still there. Help!

By trvlmap

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You may have 'set' in the creases when you washed and dried them the first time. Even hang-drying can 'set' the creases in some fabrics like silks, synthetics, and linen.

First, read the label for the correct washing/drying/ironing instructions and information. The label will tell you the highest temp water the fabric can stand.

Then you can try soaking the curtains in the hottest water the fabric will stand-leave the curtains in the soak for at least an hour or two. Make sure there is enough water for the curtains to move freely-you need WAY more water than curtain so the curtain fabric can 'relax' without crowding in the tub of water.

Wring the excess water out either by hand or machine and then try pressing them again-while still very damp. Use a pressing cloth. Let the curtains hang-dry after pressing.

If soaking and re-ironing gets rid of the creases, you'll probably always need to press them straight from the washer while still damp, and then hang-dry after ironing.

Wrinkles in my sheers won't come out either using a hot steam iron, or hanging wet and stretching, or wetting then ironing. I'm out of ideas. Anyone know a better way to de-wrinkle sheers?

Thank you for any ideas.

Pam from NJ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Using 'vinegar & water' sounds like a great idea. Last night I tried cleaning my iron w/vinegar. I rinsed it out.

Then I tried to iron one very wrinkled sheer and the wrinkles came right out! It must be the residual vinegar in the iron. Thank you!

I'm going to try ironing the rest of the sheers today. If the wrinkles become troublesome, I'll spray some 'vinegar & water' on them.

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJanuary 26, 2013
button up shirt
Removing Wrinkles from Clothes Without an Iron
wrinkled slacks
Removing Wrinkles from Permanent Press Clothing
Light colored drapes.
Removing Wrinkles from Curtains and Drapes
Wrinkle Dress Shirt
Removing Wrinkles From Clothing That Sat Too Long
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 8:23:02 AM on 10.0.1.206 in 648 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.