Repairing Side View Mirror Glass

I want to repair a cracked outside mirror on my car. I plan to lay a new mirror on top of the previous mirror. The repair will need to be able to tolerate heat, humidity, and vibration. I will not be able to use a UV type glue. What is the best to use? Ideas and suggestions please.

Best Answer

The bond will be literally in the dark if you sandwich the replacement mirror on top of the broken mirror. No worries about UV. Heat , yes. A silicone adhesive should be find for something held vertically and the object is light in weight Good luck. Post a pic on There I fixed it. Maybe I'll see your handiwork

I don't know where you live, but in USA the best bet is to go to a junkyard and get a replacement mirror for your model of car.

Abigail , I was at a junkyard Thursday pulling parts off a 1984 rx7. I can tell you 85% of the time , pulling a part off will take longer than you think I like the posters solution. Only if it's not a collectible car!