Repairing a Circuit Board

Category Repair
Repairing a Circuit Board
If you have the tools and the expertise you might be able to repair a circuit board at home. This is a guide about repairing a circuit board.

I was trying to solder a wire to the circuit board. I touched the wire to where it was supposed to go and the LEDS lit up. I accidentally touched it to another spot on the board and now it no longer will light up. What can I do to fix it or is it broken?

The board is shown below. The red circle is where the wire is supposed to go and the blue one is the area that I accidentally touched it. The glob in the middle of the board was just to hold the original product together.

Best Answer

Unfortunately, you may have short circuited your board. When working on electronics it is always advisable to use one of those anti-static wrist bands to ground yourself, to prevent this from happening and also to protect yourself from a possible shock. These bands are inexpensive and readily available from Amazon and other online sources.