Repairing a Troy-Bilt Riding Lawn Mower

Many lawn mower repairs can be done by the homeowner. Diagnosing the problem will help you decide when your mower needs professional help. This is a guide about repairing a Troy-Bilt riding lawn mower.

July 23, 2015 Flag

I have a 2008 Pony Troy-Bilt riding lawn mower. I have changed the oil, air filter, and spark plug. It ran and sputtered and then died. Now it will not start. What can it be?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check the gas line filter.

November 1, 2015 Flag

I used my Troy-Bilt riding mower to cut the grass and mulch some leaves that covered most of the lawn today. I tried to keep debris off the top of the mower deck as well as I could, but lo and behold, there was plenty that had gathered there by the time I took a break and blew the mower off with my leaf blower. When I tried to start the mower again, all I get is some clicking.

Any suggestions as to what to check to get this mower running again? Thank you!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 28, 2015 Flag

I hit a rock that stalled the motor. It won't restart. It's totally dead. There is no electrical power to the starter.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 13, 2014 Flag

How do I assemble the deck belt and springs on a Troy Built riding lawn mower?

By JB from Altha, FL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 12, 2014 Flag

I have a Troy Bilt riding mower model 1842. It runs full speed, but when I try to engage pto engine starts to pop and roll blue smoke.

By Steve from Lugoff, SC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 28, 2009 Flag

I have a Troy-bilt riding lawnmower. For some reason the starter overheated and melted the green wire. Now the mower will not start. Do I need to replace my starter?

By jgbsxs5 from Fort Myers, FL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersApril 26, 2014
Riding Mower
Riding Mower Dies When Put in Gear
Riding Mower
Repairing a MTD Riding Mower
removing riding mower wheel
Removing a Wheel from a Riding Mower
Mowing With Weed Wacker
Mowing a Lawn Without a Mower
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 5:29:30 PM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.