Reusing Disinfecting Wipes

Disinfecting Wipes
Even after their initial use, disinfecting wipes can still be used for quick cleanup jobs around the house. This is a guide about reusing disinfecting wipes.

In the kitchen, I occasionally like to use Lysol Disinfecting Wipes to clean my counter tops and kitchen table. Peace of mind of a clean and sanitary food prep area is priceless. I used to use them sparingly because I thought that they were an expensive luxury.

While shopping, I noticed them on sale for only $1.99 so I bought a few containers. One day. I used one to wipe something up because I couldn't grab a clean dishcloth fast enough. It was a big mess so I had to rinse and reuse. That is when I noticed that the material that they are made of is like an awesome indestructible paper towel. I kept rinsing and reusing. I added some dish soap to continue the clean up.

Since then I use them more often and just rinse them out. I hang them over my dish rack to quickly dry and now get many uses out of them. This saves me on paper towels and the washing and drying of a bunch of rags, too. I just throw them out when I think that they are not worth saving anymore (and it's not because they have fallen apart either).

I disinfect in the house more often now without the worry or guilt of the cost. Priceless!

By freebyrdz from Angus, ON

When I have used Lysol wipes, as long as they are not greasy, I reuse them. When the wipe has used all of its cleaner or is drying out, I will put my Dawn dish detergent on it. I use it as a scrubber for the my range hood, or other surfaces like my refrigerator, microwave, etc. Works well for me :)

By Pixie B. from Alliance, OH

RE-USE the disposable wipes for mops, by soaking them in liquid cleaning solutions.

By Anne from Nevada