Reusing Every Bit Of Jar Candles

I buy scented candles in large and small jars but noticed that once they are almost used but simply won't stay lit any longer, I felt it was wasteful to throw away. Now I wait until the end of the candle and while the wax is still melted and pourable, I put it in my electric liquid potpourri unit and turn it on. The leftover candle will scent your home for days! I like to get every last drop for my money! I clean and save the fancy jars with tops to make bath salts in. Just wrap the outside with a creative ribbon and beaded charm and add a scrapbooking tag and you have a lovely gift for a last minute event.

By Pattie

Answers:

Reusing Every Bit Of Jar Candles

I've done this myself and it really puts out a great smell. Any scent will do, and I think it smells stronger than the candles themselves!(b)(/b) (06/05/2008)

By Cindy from NC

Reusing Every Bit Of Jar Candles

I bought one of those candle warmers at Walmart for 5.00 and have given several as gifts. No pouring of hot wax and makes the candles last forever as the wax is melted from the bottom, not actually burned off. Like you I got tired of still having candle and no wick, plus I was always sooo worried I would forget to blow the candle out before leaving. (06/05/2008)

By Lynn

Reusing Every Bit Of Jar Candles

I like this idea, and I also am one that hates to waste/throw out anything. I will remember this. Thanks for sharing. (06/07/2008)

By jmz2005

Reusing Every Bit Of Jar Candles

When my candle jars are empty, I take them to a local candle maker who refills them for me or I just give her the jars for resale. You may find a candle maker that might appreciate this too! (06/11/2008)

By Paizley