Reviving Dry Erase Markers

You might be able to extend the life of that dry erase marker. This is a guide about reviving dry erase markers.

Dry Erase Markers
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Is there any way to recondition a dry eraser marker? I know it still has plenty of ink, but the cap didn't click well enough.

Thank you!

Maria from Derwood, MD

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Holy Guacamole! I have an old pre-1980's test tube centrifuge. A few seconds in that baby and voila. Just like new. Make sure to wear goggles.

Read More Answers...

Try reviving your dried up markers before thawing them out. Check out this video and learn how we did it.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My Expo Dry Erase markers are not old, but one just dried up and the lid was on it. Is there anything you can do to "rewet" them?

By Gypsy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Dip tips in very hot water, cover with cap for a few minutes.

Rubbing Alcohol To Revive Dry Erase MarkersDried out dry erase markers? Your whiteboard markers may have more life in them. Dip the tip in a little ordinary rubbing alcohol. If color is drawn down into the alcohol, there's life in your marker, and you can write with it some more now that you have treated it. If this does not work, then the marker is probably out of lasting power.

By Kirsten from Logan, UT

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I simply snip the tip of the marker with scissors. Sometimes removing a bit off the dried tip will expose fresh ink. It works just about every time for me.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I was just wondering if anyone would know how to revive dried out dry erase markers. My 2 year old got ahold of them and left the caps partly off when she was done and now they are dried out. Any tips on getting them to work again would be much appreciated!

Amy from PA

Answers:

Reviving Dry Erase Markers

Try storing them upside down for a couple days with the tips facing down. The ink may refill the tip that way. Sometimes it works. It probably depends on how dried out they are. (07/20/2004)

By Anne H.

Reviving Dry Erase Markers

Here's a tip that was just posted, it reminded me of your request:
    http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf933016.tip.html (08/16/2004)

By ThriftyFun

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Better Living Frugal Living AdviceFebruary 6, 2013
    Wet Erase Marker
    Removing Wet Erase Marker Stains
    Dry Erase Markers
    Removing Dry Erase Marker from a Couch
    birthday countdown tile
    Making a Dry Erase Count Down Tile
    Reviving Dried Out Pens
    Reviving Dried Out Pens
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 2:02:30 PM on 10.0.0.22 in 677 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.