Roasted Zucchini Recipes

Category Vegetables
Roasted Zucchini
Cooking vegetables in the oven can create wonderful flavors without much added fat or moisture. This page contains roasted zucchini recipes.

Here is a great way to fix zucchini in a healthy way. There are no hard and fast rules about amounts in this recipe.

Cut zucchini into bite size pieces (no need to peel it). Chop an onion or two. You may also add bell peppers, yellow squash, fresh corn, etc. if you like, be creative here.

Put all veggies into a ziplock bag, and add a little olive oil to the bag - about 1 teaspoon for each cup of veggies. Close the top and rotate until veggies are coated. Pour into a shallow roasting pan in a single layer. Add salt and pepper. You can also add other seasonings of your choice. I like lemon pepper.

Roast in a 450 degrees F oven for about 30 minutes or until the veggies begin to brown. Stir occasionally. Or put them under the broiler and stir often to avoid burning. The browning gives them the good roasted flavor.

By Harlean

this is great also with red or new potatoes, carrots and cherry tomatoes. I have even added pineapple. Instead of oil, I marinate in Italian dressing.

Around here we throw veggies; zucchini, sliced sweet potatoes, garlic cloves, broccoli and even cauliflower, on the grill. Just cut up or slice. Put a heavy sheet of foil directly over your grill, shake a little olive oil on to it. Add the veggies. Fold up the sides of the foil a little and turn vegs when brown. Or you can even close the foil completely and turn the whole package. Roast til browned veggies are browned and tender/crisp.

Hi! I tried this last night & you're right, it is delicious. I used zucchini, yellow squash & onion. Added olive oil, Mrs. Dash & some salt & pepper. Roasted it for about 15 min. (I think my chunks were smaller than yours) It was great. Think next time I'll add some red bell pepper. I just didn't have any this time. Thanks for sharing!

You could even toss the ingredients in a bowl instead of a plastic bag!