Scuff Marks on Walls

I am trying to clean various marks off the wall (like scuff marks from shoes). They are on Interior walls that are painted white.

Marvin from Lewiston, ME

Scuff Marks on Walls

The wall in my daughter's room had crayon, scuff marks, and dirt. I used the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and it all came off. I used plenty of water and some soap with it. I love that sponge!

By Jennifer1975

Mr. Clean -- not on satin finish paint

The Magic Eraser works great on semi-gloss and gloss paints, but left marks on my satin (matte) painted walls. All the scuff marks came off, but I was left with odd, little shiny spots that are darker than the surrounding paint. (06/01/2007)

By Jennifer

Scuff Marks on Walls

Do not use Magic Eraser on matte walls; it is just too strong. It will strip the paint and leave you with dark marks that don't match your paint. I have not figured out a better solution than a mild cleaner and two buckets: fill 1 bucket with your cleaner and water and fill the 2nd with just clear water for rinsing. Grab 2 of those cellulose sponges and don't forget your elbow grease, you'll need it! I also find it's good to go from bottom to top to catch all the drips. If not you 'll have streaky walls. (03/06/2008)

By SingleMomof5-yes, that's right-5

Scuff Marks on Walls

I had to share the best kept secret about getting scuff marks off the walls. It's simple, easy and works like magic. Get yourself a tube of "white" toothpaste, preferably one with baking soda and peroxide, Arm and Hammer. Use a wash cloth and they disappear in minutes. Of course this may only work on white walls. (07/27/2008)

By Tammy

Scuff Marks on Walls

I just used your suggestion of using toothpaste and I was so surprised that the marks are now completely gone. Thank you so much, you have saved me lots of money! (01/10/2009)

By Nicola

Scuff Marks on Walls
White Walls
Removing Scuff Marks on Walls
beautiful wood floors
Removing Scuff Marks from Hardwood Floors
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
Scuffed Leather Shoes
Removing Scuff Mark on Leather Shoes