Scuff Marks on Walls

I am trying to clean various marks off the wall (like scuff marks from shoes). They are on Interior walls that are painted white.

Marvin from Lewiston, ME

Answers:

Scuff Marks on Walls

The wall in my daughter's room had crayon, scuff marks, and dirt. I used the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and it all came off. I used plenty of water and some soap with it. I love that sponge!
(09/19/2006)

By Jennifer1975

Mr. Clean -- not on satin finish paint

The Magic Eraser works great on semi-gloss and gloss paints, but left marks on my satin (matte) painted walls. All the scuff marks came off, but I was left with odd, little shiny spots that are darker than the surrounding paint. (06/01/2007)

By Jennifer

Scuff Marks on Walls

Do not use Magic Eraser on matte walls; it is just too strong. It will strip the paint and leave you with dark marks that don't match your paint. I have not figured out a better solution than a mild cleaner and two buckets: fill 1 bucket with your cleaner and water and fill the 2nd with just clear water for rinsing. Grab 2 of those cellulose sponges and don't forget your elbow grease, you'll need it! I also find it's good to go from bottom to top to catch all the drips. If not you 'll have streaky walls. (03/06/2008)

By SingleMomof5-yes, that's right-5

Scuff Marks on Walls

I had to share the best kept secret about getting scuff marks off the walls. It's simple, easy and works like magic. Get yourself a tube of "white" toothpaste, preferably one with baking soda and peroxide, Arm and Hammer. Use a wash cloth and they disappear in minutes. Of course this may only work on white walls. (07/27/2008)

By Tammy

Scuff Marks on Walls

I just used your suggestion of using toothpaste and I was so surprised that the marks are now completely gone. Thank you so much, you have saved me lots of money! (01/10/2009)

By Nicola

Scuff Marks on Walls
White Walls
Removing Scuff Marks on Walls
beautiful wood floors
Removing Scuff Marks from Hardwood Floors
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
Scuffed Leather Shoes
Removing Scuff Mark on Leather Shoes
🎉
🎄