Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Selling a Porcelain Doll Collection

Perhaps you inherited a doll collection or are simply downsizing and decluttering, but now you are thinking of selling your dolls. This is a guide about selling a porcelain doll collection.

I have a porcelain doll collection and I'm not sure how to sell them? Help :)

Answer Was this helpful? 6

I have collected dolls for many years. The best way to sell your dolls is to have a auction in your home. Less stress on you and the dolls. You will need to find a good auction company in your area. I wish you a lot of good sales.

June 27, 2016 Flag

I have 3 porcelain dolls that I would like to sell. I don't collect dolls. Who buys them?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have 3 character dolls from Little house on the prairie. I purchased all 3 from Ashton drake galleries, By artist Joan Ibarolle. They are in mint condition and still in their original boxes. I need money fast. Where can I sell them? I Live in southern calif.

February 2, 2016 Flag

I just inherited a large porcelain doll collection that I need to sell fast. If anyone could give me some ideas, I would be very grateful.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have american dolls and porcelain dolls.

October 2, 2016 Flag

Where can I go close to Bloomingdale, Illinois to sell my porcelain dolls?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can always sell them online, on ebay.com or even amazon.com. Also you could go to Chicago or other craigslist near you and list them there https://chicago.craigslist.org/

July 18, 2016 Flag

I have numerous Franklin Mint dolls and was wondering how to go about selling them. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You will mostly succeed by listing them on ebay or other sites. YOu can also actually sell things on facebook groups as well as craigslist. The problem is that dolls are not a very robust marketplace. IN any event, you can look at these tips on how to find the value of the doll: "People often ask; What is the value of my doll?

Once you have identified who or what type of doll you have, to find a dolls price, value, worth to buy or sell, here's our tip;

with the name, maker or type of doll, use the below link to; Ebay Advanced Search - Find Items - Doll Sold Listings

- fill in the details on the form on the page link, check the Completed Auctions Only box and you will see recently

sold doll prices which are shown in green and that's as current a doll value, as you can get.

> ebay Advanced Search - Find Doll Sold Value < http://rover.eb  38%26_from%3DR40

(from dollreference.com)

Here's another great site that lets you search an extensive database of dolls, by age, materials, quality, etc http://dollpric  _categories.html

September 25, 2011 Flag

Due to hard times and difficulties, I need money to pay my bills. I am selling my porcelain dolls. They are in good shape. Can anyone suggest where I might be able to sell them? Thank you.

By Lavette

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

You could try ebay. You could also call antique and collectables dealers in your area. What you get for them will depend on age, whether or not you still have the orgional boxes, and certificates of authenticity.

July 25, 2016 Flag

I live in Idaho and have 40 plus dolls. I don't know the value of any of them. Where can I find the value and then where can I sell them?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

That sounds like a lot of dolls. I hope you understand that most likely they are not worth very much because sometime in the 80s' the market became saturated with 'collectors' dolls and the demand just isnt' there.

Still, you can look at these tips on how to find the value of the doll: "People often ask; What is the value of my doll?

(from dollreference.com)

How can I sell my mom's collection of porcelain dolls?
Some are Ashton Drake and some are Danbury Mint.
Some have the receipt with them. She had about 85 dolls

By Melody from Dayton, PA

I hope your mother enjoyed her dolls during her lifetime. Unfortunately it is not easy to sell dolls of this type as most were mass produced and are easily found in large supply over the internet.

You can check out Google, eBay, Replacements and many other sites will appear on Google. Craigslist is good as you do not have to ship.

Many sellers have dolls listed for months (even years) before they sell. Dolls are difficult (and expensive) to ship as most are a larger size and need "special" boxes and packing.

You can check out sold listings on eBay to see what buyers are really paying for dolls of this type.

Also you may have a special doll in this collection that will sell quickly and for more money. Research is the only way to find an answer to your question.

August 5, 2015 Flag

I have three huge bins of porcelain dolls. I am looking to sell them, but can't find any place to sell them. A lot of them have boxes and certificates with them. How can I sell these dolls?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can sell on amazon.com, ebay.com, etsy.com, or post on craigslist.org and pinterest.com. The postings are free, but some charge a fee for using their website if the item sells. You can post photos of the dolls individually or grouped; your choice along with contact information and description. If there are any flaws, it's best to put it out there with pics of them, so prospects are not deceived.

December 17, 2010 Flag

I have a variety of porcelain dolls, from babies to Shirley Temple and would like to know how I would go about selling them? They all have authenticity and numbers on them.

By Mary from Brookline, MA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I agree with an archived post made by MisMachado:

If they are really collectibles and of vintage, try Etsy.com. They have some strict guidelines, but are great to deal with, and a lot less expensive than eBay is. MisMachado (10/16/2010)

September 8, 2015 Flag

I have a small collection of porcelain dolls that were made by my aunt. She made the clothes as well. I was wondering if these could sell at an antique place or thrift store?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The only way you will know is to take the dolls to an antique dealer, auction house, etc. You can also advertise them on EBay, Craig's List, etc.

February 26, 2014 Flag

Where do I find a buyer for my porcelain dolls?

By Byron

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try ebay.

January 12, 2015 Flag

My grandmother passed years ago, and I inherited them. I have been thinking about giving them to my 3yr old daughter, but she won't have the same appreciation as others may. So how do I figure out their worth?

By Anthony M.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try this website: http://www.dollinfo.com/faqs.htm

December 5, 2014 Flag

I have a Heritage Signature collection that consists of 11 dolls, 6 big ones and 5 mini ones. I got them all when I was a little girl and not sure what they are worth now and would possibly like to sell them.

By Hailee

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can check out their individual "value" on Google doll sites or eBay. Dolls are usually difficult to sell and very rarely bring a very big price.

April 22, 2014 Flag

I have an extensive collection of porcelain dolls by Patricia Rose. All dolls came from Paradise Galleries. All of my dolls are from the glamor doll series. I also have her dancer doll collection and southern bell collection. Some are 36 inches tall and others are between 18 and 22 inches tall. All have original boxes and COA. Any idea where I can start to try to sell them? It seems there are few doll collectors these days. Thanks for any advice you care to share.

By Kathy W.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Maybe due to our present economy dolls do not sell very well. Even beautiful dolls are hard to sell. It is estimated (by doll "experts") that in our present economy dolls are difficult to sell at even 10 percent of their original value and many sell for less.

You can find some of these dolls on eBay, Etsy, Replacements but just start with Google and go from there. Remember that most people have to pay fees for selling and some dolls are listed for many months before an interested person comes along. Most never sell unless the price is very, very low. Remember also that shipping is a LOT of trouble and very expensive.

Maybe you could find a local shop that would let you place a few dolls in their store - for a percentage of the sale. This also has its downside as they will not be responsible for any damage done while in their store and some parents do not always have well behaved children.

Be sure to check out "sold" listings on eBay (down left side of eBay screen) for what some of these dolls sold for and how many sold in the last 30 days. I am afraid you will disappointed in the sales.

I hope you are one of the lucky ones and have some dolls that will sell for more.

September 12, 2015 Flag

Can you please tell me where and how I can advertise my porcelain and longnose teddy bear collection?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 7, 2015 Flag

Where do I go to sell porcelain dolls?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 11, 2013 Flag

I have an 1865 porcelain doll. Where can I sell it or be guided correctly?

By Kevin

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Value of Dolls is one of the main questions on Thrifty site...

I am sure there is an occasional doll that someone will be familiar with but - generally you will have to do your own research.

eBay and Google will give you more information but there are other sites as well.

Remember - you have all the information on this doll and can do a much better job of getting information. Dolls are so plentiful now - even "rare" dolls so try not to be disappointed if the value is low.

Good luck with your search -and- Merry Christmas!

October 15, 2013 Flag

My wife has a huge collection of these dolls and she wants to sell a few of them, but we don't know what they are worth?

By Joseph

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check out eBay and Google

September 9, 2013 Flag

Where can I sell my porcelain doll, besides using Amazon and eBay?

By Melissa A.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Seek out good craft fairs. It will cost a little but if the dolls are expensive it might be worth it. it will also give you exposure for selling these dolls to the public.

My mom has 70 plus Ashton Drake dolls from Princess Diana to the queen of the Nile, all in mint condition. Most have never been taken from boxes, others only once are twice.

Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsAugust 1, 2013
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Collectible Dolls
Selling Collectible Dolls
Stamp Collection
Selling a Stamp Collection
Stained Porcelain Cup
Cleaning Stained Porcelain
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 22, 2017 at 10:27:24 AM on 10.0.0.40 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.