Selling a Porcelain Doll Collection

Perhaps you inherited a doll collection or are simply downsizing and decluttering, but now you are thinking of selling your dolls. This is a guide about selling a porcelain doll collection.

July 26, 2016 Flag

I have a porcelain doll collection and I'm not sure how to sell them? Help :)

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have 20 expensive porcelain dolls still in boxes with papers and never opened would like to sell but don't want to get ripped off.HELP PLEASE

June 27, 2016 Flag

I have 3 porcelain dolls that I would like to sell. I don't collect dolls. Who buys them?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Would like to sell my entire porcelain doll collection from home not ebay or gumtree.

February 2, 2016 Flag

I just inherited a large porcelain doll collection that I need to sell fast. If anyone could give me some ideas, I would be very grateful.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have american dolls and porcelain dolls.

October 3, 2016 Flag

Who buys dolls? Does anyone travel to look at them?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I do not know where you live but it is very difficult to sell dolls almost anywhere unless it is a very special doll.

Many people think they have "special" dolls but the internet has

made almost all brands/types of dolls so plentiful (and very cheap)

that you can get almost as much money at a yard sale and a whole lot less trouble.

Check out your dolls on eBay and other sites (try Google) and also check the actives of Thirty for more information.

It seems that porcelain dolls are the most plentiful.

I do not mean that your dolls may not be special so check for

yourself. Some people are using Craig's list to sell things and

with Christmas on its way you may be able sell your dolls.

October 2, 2016 Flag

Where can I go close to Bloomingdale, Illinois to sell my porcelain dolls?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can always sell them online, on ebay.com or even amazon.com. Also you could go to Chicago or other craigslist near you and list them there https://chicago.craigslist.org/

September 25, 2011 Flag

Due to hard times and difficulties, I need money to pay my bills. I am selling my porcelain dolls. They are in good shape. Can anyone suggest where I might be able to sell them? Thank you.

By Lavette

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

You could try ebay. You could also call antique and collectables dealers in your area. What you get for them will depend on age, whether or not you still have the orgional boxes, and certificates of authenticity.

June 4, 2016 Flag

I have a a Wee Willie Winkie doll I plan to sell. I need to know what the best price is for it.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You should do some research to find a sell price. The dolls were made in the hundreds of thousands and in many different styles so prices vary from less than $10 to more than $100. Try EBay, Craig's List, online doll collectors, etc. Don't be surprized if you find your doll is only worth a few dollars-again, they were made in the many thousands so are always available.

April 2, 2015 Flag

How can I sell my mom's collection of porcelain dolls?
Some are Ashton Drake and some are Danbury Mint.
Some have the receipt with them. She had about 85 dolls

By Melody from Dayton, PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I hope your mother enjoyed her dolls during her lifetime. Unfortunately it is not easy to sell dolls of this type as most were mass produced and are easily found in large supply over the internet.

You can check out Google, eBay, Replacements and many other sites will appear on Google. Craigslist is good as you do not have to ship.

Many sellers have dolls listed for months (even years) before they sell. Dolls are difficult (and expensive) to ship as most are a larger size and need "special" boxes and packing.

You can check out sold listings on eBay to see what buyers are really paying for dolls of this type.

Also you may have a special doll in this collection that will sell quickly and for more money. Research is the only way to find an answer to your question.

August 5, 2015 Flag

I have three huge bins of porcelain dolls. I am looking to sell them, but can't find any place to sell them. A lot of them have boxes and certificates with them. How can I sell these dolls?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can sell on amazon.com, ebay.com, etsy.com, or post on craigslist.org and pinterest.com. The postings are free, but some charge a fee for using their website if the item sells. You can post photos of the dolls individually or grouped; your choice along with contact information and description. If there are any flaws, it's best to put it out there with pics of them, so prospects are not deceived.

February 8, 2016 Flag

I have 39 Seymour Mann dolls all are in their original boxes and are in excellent condition. Only 2 do not have the certificates in the boxes. They are circa late 80s early 90s. Since I have so many are they worth more than if they are sold individually?

Thanks.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

An easy online search for "porcelain doll values" will produce many answers. Keep in mind that just because a doll may be fancy, old, inherited, etc., it most probably has little value as most are mass produced in the thousands. A doll's condition is extremely important in considering value-the best doll prices are paid for dolls literally never removed from their boxes. You can find prices for some dolls on EBay and try online for further research. This site is a good place to start:

http://collectd  rary/blgallp.htm

**

September 8, 2015 Flag

I have a small collection of porcelain dolls that were made by my aunt. She made the clothes as well. I was wondering if these could sell at an antique place or thrift store?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The only way you will know is to take the dolls to an antique dealer, auction house, etc. You can also advertise them on EBay, Craig's List, etc.

July 25, 2016 Flag

I live in Idaho and have 40 plus dolls. I don't know the value of any of them. Where can I find the value and then where can I sell them?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 18, 2016 Flag

I have numerous Franklin Mint dolls and was wondering how to go about selling them. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 26, 2014 Flag

Where do I find a buyer for my porcelain dolls?

By Byron

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try ebay.

December 17, 2010 Flag

I have a variety of porcelain dolls, from babies to Shirley Temple and would like to know how I would go about selling them? They all have authenticity and numbers on them.

By Mary from Brookline, MA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I agree with an archived post made by MisMachado:

If they are really collectibles and of vintage, try Etsy.com. They have some strict guidelines, but are great to deal with, and a lot less expensive than eBay is. MisMachado (10/16/2010)

January 12, 2015 Flag

My grandmother passed years ago, and I inherited them. I have been thinking about giving them to my 3yr old daughter, but she won't have the same appreciation as others may. So how do I figure out their worth?

By Anthony M.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try this website: http://www.dollinfo.com/faqs.htm

December 5, 2014 Flag

I have a Heritage Signature collection that consists of 11 dolls, 6 big ones and 5 mini ones. I got them all when I was a little girl and not sure what they are worth now and would possibly like to sell them.

By Hailee

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can check out their individual "value" on Google doll sites or eBay. Dolls are usually difficult to sell and very rarely bring a very big price.

April 22, 2014 Flag

I have an extensive collection of porcelain dolls by Patricia Rose. All dolls came from Paradise Galleries. All of my dolls are from the glamor doll series. I also have her dancer doll collection and southern bell collection. Some are 36 inches tall and others are between 18 and 22 inches tall. All have original boxes and COA. Any idea where I can start to try to sell them? It seems there are few doll collectors these days. Thanks for any advice you care to share.

By Kathy W.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Maybe due to our present economy dolls do not sell very well. Even beautiful dolls are hard to sell. It is estimated (by doll "experts") that in our present economy dolls are difficult to sell at even 10 percent of their original value and many sell for less.

You can find some of these dolls on eBay, Etsy, Replacements but just start with Google and go from there. Remember that most people have to pay fees for selling and some dolls are listed for many months before an interested person comes along. Most never sell unless the price is very, very low. Remember also that shipping is a LOT of trouble and very expensive.

Maybe you could find a local shop that would let you place a few dolls in their store - for a percentage of the sale. This also has its downside as they will not be responsible for any damage done while in their store and some parents do not always have well behaved children.

Be sure to check out "sold" listings on eBay (down left side of eBay screen) for what some of these dolls sold for and how many sold in the last 30 days. I am afraid you will disappointed in the sales.

I hope you are one of the lucky ones and have some dolls that will sell for more.

December 11, 2013 Flag

I have an 1865 porcelain doll. Where can I sell it or be guided correctly?

By Kevin

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Value of Dolls is one of the main questions on Thrifty site...

I am sure there is an occasional doll that someone will be familiar with but - generally you will have to do your own research.

eBay and Google will give you more information but there are other sites as well.

Remember - you have all the information on this doll and can do a much better job of getting information. Dolls are so plentiful now - even "rare" dolls so try not to be disappointed if the value is low.

Good luck with your search -and- Merry Christmas!

October 18, 2011 Flag

How do I find a buyer for my mother's dolls? Some are old royal family dolls such as Diana and Charles wedding dolls. She also has some old presidents, and more.

By Pearl

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You could try selling them on consignment at a local antiques store. Or you could photograph them and have people bid on them at e-bay.

October 15, 2013 Flag

My wife has a huge collection of these dolls and she wants to sell a few of them, but we don't know what they are worth?

By Joseph

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check out eBay and Google

Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsAugust 1, 2013
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Collectible Dolls
Selling Collectible Dolls
Stamp Collection
Selling a Stamp Collection
Stained Porcelain Cup
Cleaning Stained Porcelain
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 17, 2017 at 6:18:22 PM on 10.0.1.28 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.