Single Serving Cake Recipes

Couples or individuals living alone can enjoy cake without having to make a full sized one. This page contains single serving cake recipes.

Single Serving of Cake
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I got this idea from the single serving desserts that are on the market. I buy a cookie or cake mix and put a few tablespoons of the batter in a single serving Pyrex dish, any small microwave safe cup or bowl will do. Then I add whatever sounds good to me to create a single serving dessert.

Recently I combined oatmeal cookie mix with soy milk and chopped pecans to make a cake batter. I microwaved it for 60 seconds. Most of it turned into a little cake with a bit of syrupy liquid remaining. I put whipped cream on top and it was heavenly. I said to my daughter, "We could have added chocolate chips too." She said, "No, this is perfect."

Currently, I am using a box of brownie mix to make single serving desserts. Mini marshmallows, nuts ,and chocolate chips make a yummy cake. I like soy milk as my liquid ingredient, but you can use milk or water. You can also add pureed fruits or veggies or yogurt for moisture.

This is so much fun. I get to be creative, economical (since I add stuff that is on hand), enjoy a "fancy" dessert, and control portions/calories all at the same time.

By SusannL

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would like to know the recipe along with directions for the 3-2-1 cake mixture. I know it calls for an angel food cake mix and a regular cake mix and that all you add is water.

By Judy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You got the cake mixes right: 1 angel food cake mix and 1 flavor of your choice cake mix. To make cake: 3 tbsp. cake mix 2 tbsp. water mix to blend well and cook in microwave for 1 minute.

I use a mug and drizzle my choice of cake toppings on it. Makes a quick fix cake and even children can make it for themselves.

Read More Answers...
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesJanuary 16, 2013
Craft Ideas for Creamer Containers
Crafts Using Single Serving Cream Containers
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 3, 2016 at 5:38:41 PM on 10.0.1.66 in 440 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.