Snow Muffin Recipes

Category Muffins
Snow Muffin
Making snow muffins is a fun cooking project to make with your children on a cold, snowy day. This page contains snow muffin recipes.

Our children loved to make these on snowy days.

Directions:

Mix dry ingredients well. Combine egg, milk, and snow with dry ingredients. Line or grease muffin tin. Fill cups 3/4 full with batter. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 - 20 minutes.

Servings: 1 dozen muffins
Time:10 Minutes Preparation Time
15 to 20 Minutes Cooking Time

By mother of 5 from Nova Scotia

I recently saw the recipe posted on your site for snow muffins. I am wondering if the person who submitted it is really using snow. What substitution could be used in place of the snow?

Snow Muffins

By Amber from Toronto, Canada

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Hi Amber! All I have ever used for this recipe is snow. That was always the fun of this recipe for our children was to go out and scoop up the snow on stormy days to make the muffins. Toronto must have a good supply like we do in the Maritimes, eh? Enjoy.

1 cup flour

3 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. salt

1/3 cup brown sugar

1 egg

1/2 cup packed snow

1/2 cup raisins (optional)

1/2 cup milk

grated rind of orange or lemon

Directions:

Servings: 1 dozen muffins

Time: 10 Minutes Preparation Time

15 to 20 Minutes Cooking Time

Well to me it would be water, Get 1/2C of packed snow. Let it melt it down, see what the water amount is That is your replacement for 1/2C snow

I found this in another recipe for snow muffins Clean frost scraped from a freezer may be used instead of snow.*

Hope that helps

I am sorry that I didn't see your reply to my question. I was wondering if it was real snow that you were using. Thank you for answering,

I get that it is fun for the kids

I was thinking that any snow, whether it has freshly fallen or had been sitting there for a while, would not be clean because of pollution, wouldn't it? It seems that you don't get sick so there is no problem.

We do get a lot of snow in Toronto but not as much this year. You have been hit hard in the Maritimes! By the way, my father is from Amherst, Nova Scotia.

It is very nice of you to take the time to answer my question. Have a great day!

Has anyone done the packed 1/2 cup of snow to water? and if so would you please tell me how much water to use, we dont get a great deal of snow in my patch of the U.K.

Thank you