Spider Photos

These arachnid garden helpers are very interesting and create beautiful snares for catching their food. This page contains spider photos.

September 28, 2013 Flag

What type of spider was that on the blackeyed susan, it was the very first picture at the top of the guide? I had three very large ones. I was told they were brown recluse, because of the violin pattern on the back. The only difference between your picture and the ones I saw was the color, they were lighter, more of a beige with dark brown violin on the back. They were at least 3 to 4 inches in size. Please help I can't seem to find them on the internet.

By Linda from North central PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Everything that I have read about the brown recluse indicates that they are very small. I don't think the one on the sunflower is a recluse, but I would suggest contacting your local university for their entomology department. You can usually reach them online and I have found that everyone is so good at helping.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

January 19, 2011 Flag

This "beautiful" specimen was hanging outside our living room window. This is as close as I wanted to get! I had never seen this type of web either, the zigzag pattern.

By Leslie

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 7 Comments

July 18, 2016 Flag

Yesterday while inspecting my clematis, I came across an amazing scene, in miniature, of nature at her most wild. At the top left of the photo you'll notice a baby praying mantis. He is intently interested in what you'll notice at the bottom right of the photo, a jumping spider making a meal of a caterpillar.

mantis watching spider eat caterpillar

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 19, 2010 Flag

I was leaving my apartment to go to the market and the sun was hitting this spider web just right to be able to notice it outside of my neighbors apartment. I just had to go back inside and fetch my camera!

It took a couple dozen shots because of the way the sun was shining and some obstacles in the way so I am really, really pleased to have been able to capture these two that turned out of Mr. or Ms. Spider waiting for dinner ;-)

By Deeli

Spider and Web

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 5 Comments

October 11, 2011 Flag

This banana spider has been on our back deck for about two weeks now. He is absolutely beautiful with his brilliant colors. I have been photographing him at different times during the day since we found him. We noticed that he makes a new web every other day.

By lovingnature from TN

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 4 Comments

November 15, 2010 Flag

What the well-dressed crab spider is wearing this season in Amy's Garden. This striking black and white pokadot ensemble can be dressed up or dressed down depending on your Holiday event.

Crab Spider

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 19, 2013 Flag

I captured these photos of one of the Banana Spiders in our tomato bed. This is also known as a zipper spider because of the zipper like pattern in the middle of its web.

Banana Spider (Marysville, TN)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 2, 2016 Flag

I went out on my patio to look around and found this beautiful web complete with the spider who created it. I was surprised how well the web reflected in this flash photo. I love catching moments like this!

nighttime photo of spider in its web

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 6, 2016 Flag

I took some photos of a beautifully marked male black widow. The females are the ones which are venomous--actually more venomous than a rattlesnake. This one is enjoying the day, hiding under an overturned pot.

male black widow spider under a flowerpot

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 25, 2011 Flag

A Banana spider spun a web on the side of my house. It stayed there for several weeks.

Banana Spider

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 14, 2011 Flag

I have an illness that puts me through a lot of pain on a daily basis, so I use my gardening and pictures as therapy. I couldn't believe it when I saw this granddaddy longlegs on my favorite flowers. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Daddy Longlegs and Flower

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 24, 2011 Flag

We were supposed to be rushing off to town for the day's errands and meetings when my husband willingly pointed out this spider hanging out in the bushes near our home and garden. He was so beautiful that I couldn't help but take time out of our busy schedule to photograph him.

Close up of Spider on Web

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 3, 2009 Flag

A "fishing spider" I came across yesterday. It was quite large, it is on a 4 inch pole for size reference. Talk about nightmares!

Fishing Spider

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 12, 2011 Flag

I work for a city utility company, and this spider was in a water meter can.

Black Widow Spider

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 17, 2010 Flag

I took this photo while trying out my new camera last spring. I wanted to see how good the images come out close up. So I was literally only the width of the camera and maybe another inch away.

Spider on brown flower

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 5, 2011 Flag

I found this spider wrapping up a rather large, recently captured beetle. I think it will be eating well for a while.

Spider Feast

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 2, 2011 Flag

This is what awaited me when I opened the curtains one morning. The screen is blurring the picture, but you can see the size of the spider (about the size of my hand) compared to our friendly magpie who was sitting about a foot from the window.

Photo through the windoe of a large spider and a magpie below.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 7, 2010 Flag

Granddaddy long leg spider on tomato plant.

Daddy long legs on tomato plant.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Photos WildlifeAugust 27, 2013
Spider Veins
Spider Vein Remedies
Spider decoration on a light fixture.
Making a Spider Egg Sac Light Cover
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:29:26 PM on 10.0.2.167 in 8 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.