Spraying Garlic on Dogs for Flea Control

If I boil up some garlic cloves in water and spray the residue on my dog, do you think it would get rid of fleas?

By Tracey B

It might! My mom used to buy garlic powder (I think from the vitamin section). She'd sprinkle about a tablespoon full over their food and mix it in. They never seemed to notice, and it was supposed to help repel fleas (also easier & less stinky!).

There are a lot of remedies on earthclinic.com. I have found lemon juice sprayed on the ferrets and rubbed in keeps a lot of fleas off of them. I put about a teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar per four cups of water for the dogs in the really bad part of flea season. Also we do advantage and one of the dogs does comfortis. Fleas are really bad t his year. Salt put under sheets and on carpet for a few days and then vacuumed up off the carpet kills flea eggs. and vacuum all the time to get the fleas and kill them.

That is a really good idea. Here is the link to the natural remedies for fleas, and dont forget the flea comb~

Using Garlic to Prevent Fleas
Using Garlic to Prevent Fleas
Home and Garden Pest Control FleasJuly 29, 2011
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Cats
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Pets
Buying Generic Capstar Flea Medication
Woman with bad breath covering her mouth.
Getting Rid of Garlic Breath
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
Windshield Washers Not Spraying