Storing Homemade Bread in Cereal Bags

I've been saving the bags from inside cereal boxes. They are sort of like waxed paper, and work great to store any homemade bread item you don't want to lose its crispy outer crust. Plastic wrap, plastic baggies and foil seem to take all the crispiness away from homemade banana bread crust, and the cereal bag seems to keep the crisp longer! Of course, this is cereal I bought on sale and used double coupons for! Now that's frugal!

By Carrie from Okemos, MI

Answers:

Storing Bread in Cereal Bags

That is a great tip. I had been saving bread bags to put homemade bread in, but I am going to check out the wax paper bags for fresher, crustier loafs. Thanks. (08/03/2006)

By kayla

Storing Bread in Cereal Bags

Thanks for your post. I got inspired and started using an opened bag over and over to cover my bread dough as it rises instead of using plastic wrap ($) or washing dishtowels. Just wash and dry with the rest of the dishes :-) (08/04/2006)

By Karaof4

Storing Bread in Cereal Bags

Well I am not alone in saving those cereal bags huh? I use them to store meat in the freezer and to store cut vegetables and Turkey ham in the fridge. I also use them to store baked cookies.

They make great lunch bags. I use them on picnics going to take much of the food silverware and plates and returning for putting the washable stuff in one bag while using others for trash. In the car litter bags or clean and dirty rag bags for in the trunk.

In short I can't remember the last time I actually threw out a empty cereal bag. Now I am into finding a hundred ways to reuse the boxes themselves. (08/09/2006)

By Mr. Thrifty

Storing Bread
Storing Bread
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread
🎉
🎄