Sulfur Mosquito Repellent

I was wondering if anyone has a recipe using sulfur, honey, and lemon juice. You take by the mouth to keep mosquitoes, red bugs, etc. from biting you. My husband's mom used this recipe, but I can't find mine. Any help would be appreciated.

Sissy from Mangham, LA

Answers:

Sulfur Mosquito Repellent

Simply cutting off the match heads and swallowing 3-6 it prevents mosquito bites and other insects. Ive been doing this for years. My dad taught me this trick as a kid. I swear by it.

Editor's Note: I'd never heard this one before. I checked and people do take sulfur pills and use sulfur powder in their shoes to prevent mosquito bites and chigger bites. (10/02/2008)

By James

Sulfur Mosquito Repellent

This is an update on my original request. I managed to talk my mother-in-law out of the recipe. So here it is:

• 2 tsp. sulfur (found in pharmacy section at Wal-mart)
  • 1 tsp. cream of tartar
  • 1 pt. honey

You mix all of the ingredients. Store in a pint jar. Take one tsp. everyday for 2 weeks. My husband really believes in this stuff. He has taken it for years and now he gives it to our kids. Keeps off red bugs, ticks, mosquitoes, etc. Hope this helps everybody. (10/22/2008)

By leonardsissy

HI I know it has been a while since this was posted but I was wondering after taking it for every day for two weeks how often should I take it after that.

Close-up of mosquito on human skin
Sulfur Mosquito Repellent
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
Faucet running in a kitchen that uses well water.
Removing Sulfur Smell from a Well Water System
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
🎉
🎄