Summer Garden Flower Photos

Category Garden
Summer Poppy Garden
Garden blooms are a fun to photograph and can brighten up any day year round. This page contains summer garden flower photos.

My tomatoes, corn, zucchini squash, onions, cucumbers, watermelons, cantaloupes, bell peppers, lettuce, and spinach all came short of the glory, this year. I had not one vegetable worthy of a shutter click. If it weren't for a nice crop of strawberries earlier in the season, my veggie year would be a complete disaster. I sure wouldn't have made it as a pioneer. Glad I don't have a house full of little ones looking to daddy for food. Well...as Gloria Gaynor said, 'I will survive'. There will be another year.

Are you kidding? Those little things are watermelons? Ha ha! They look more like Tiny Tim's golf balls. Well, at least you can save that ugly cuke for seed.

Jess has asked for more pictures and she shall have them. I have seen a recent increase in the number of photos submitted. I think I have given a thumbs up to all of them. Not to be nice, but because they all were very good.

If you haven't yet submitted a garden photo, or a Birds, Blooms, and Wildlife photo, get busy before that last rose of summer slowly fades away.

With my vegetables only good for a big pot of slumgullion, all I have to submit now, are a few flowers and some odds and ends. Between heavy rains I was able to catch a few shots you might find interesting.

Cedar seedling - I got down on my hands and knees for this shot (not an easy task for me). I'm sorta proud of it. It really looks good, blown up to full screen.

I was able to get a better shot of a Turtlehead. I think you will agree.

Lantanas like sun. This one is being grown in the shade of old maple trees. I am surprised it has such a vibrant color.

For some reason, I have started collecting grasses. I buy them only when they are marked down. I bought six of this Sky Rocket fountain grass. I have no idea where I will put them. Rest assured, it will be a place where others can enjoy their beauty.

I caught this busy little bumblebee just as it was about to enter a Turtlehead.

Lastly, a relaxing scene. The perfect stage for tiny fairy ballerinas and danseurs to perform a mini world version of Tchaikovsky's greatest, The Sleeping Beauty Ballet.

Your box seat is the little stone, upper middle right.

Formal dress definitely not required.

To complement a pale retaining wall, I'm using May bushes as cascading plants along the top.

By ausjulie from Sydney Australia

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

I live in South Central Washington State which is a desert area. The courtyard of my apartment complex is really nice with a swimming pool, a man made creek, and a couple of purple desert cherry trees, pine trees, and some wild rose bushes. There are no flowers planted except in the flower pots, around the swimming pool.

Year after year this one little lone hyacinth bulb pushes itself up out of the ground. It never ever gets watered by man, but yet the winter snow and spring rain gives it just enough moisture to renew itself to bloom, and live it's short season before taking a nap until the next spring.

I just wanted to share one of the many wonders of God's special gift of life no matter how tiny they may seem, and that the will of all life forms no matter how meager the tools given for survival can bloom and grow with 'just enough'.

By Deeli

Hyacinth

Comment Like this photo? 19

I have created a back corner garden behind a large comma shaped perennial garden. This is a perfect place to sit and read, enjoy a cup of tea or a glass of wine and hide-a-way from a hectic day!

By Linn

garden corner

Comment Like this photo? 10

Here are a few pictures, not too much blooming yet. But I'll be looking for some good shots this summer.

Enjoy, GG Vi

ViFlowers605x1090.jpg

Comment Like this photo? 1

I captured these pictures of this little ladybug climbing onto this coreopsis flower along with two bumblebees that moved over and made room for her. It made for several beautiful photos.

By lovingnature from TN

Comment Like this photo? 4

Not Summer, not Fall yet. But here is what is blooming in our yard today.

The sunflower was fun, it is only about one and a half to two inches across. But such a cute bright yellow fellow.

I have this old Bromeliad, must be 30 years old. They only bloom once and then the "Mother" plant send up "pups" and each one of them will have a flower. And then the mother plant dies, and the cycle continues.

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA

Comment Like this photo? 4

This is my back deck. I entered pictures of the heavy snow we had in WV this past winter and the year before. I can't wait until my back deck is covered with flowers instead of all the snow! I love summer and all the beautiful flowers.

Pansies in pots on deck.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

This is a little shot of the flowers blooming in my complex. I am not much of an expert, but I think it's an iris? Help me out folks? We have rhodies, and some tiny lavender ones that look like tennis balls only the wrong color!

Purple and lavender irises.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

This gorgeous flower grew in my aunt's backyard garden over last summer. It was one in a group of three and was easily the largest and most beautiful. I took many pictures that day of her garden, but this has always been my favorite.

Deep purple and white dahlia.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

This is one of the many seasonal photos I take of our garden throughout the year. It is such pleasure and I'd like to share with others.

Various flowers with rudbeckia in the foreground.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Very beautiful flowers! I wish they bloomed all year round!

Hollyhocks

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

This was outside my front door when I lived in California a couple of years ago. I love how the color of the hollyhocks matches the color of the sweet peas that climbed up the stalk.

Hollyhocks and Sweet Peas (Magalia, CA)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

I dont have to wait until spring or fall to transplant, I transplant when I get the urge.

Planting Perennials

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

In our gorgeous back garden on the left we have a patch, in the back row there are sunflowers, in the 2nd row there are dahlias, and at the front there are corn flowers. We have 2 laurel bushes opposite the bed. At the end of the garden we have 4 gladioli.

backyard garden

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

My aunt loves to garden as you can see. Aunt Kim knows everything about gardens. She really spends a lot of time tending it, everything has to be perfect.

My Aunt's Garden - house foundation grden

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

My daughter's hydrangea blossoms are exquisite with vibrant purple and blue coloration, and the greenery is crisp and bright. The hydrangea bush is bursting with blossoms, that are so eye catching.

hydrangea flowers

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

This area contains begonias, new guinea impatiens, and a spike. I added some regular impatiens in planters, and some leafy plants from the yard. These yellow and white four o'clocks are planted in the west and open with the sunrise.

Comment Like this photo? Yes

My last of the summer flowers. It's been cold at night so I don't expect them to last much longer.

Yellow daisylike flowers.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes