Use Clothes Pins for Chip Clips

Instead of spending any money at all on those cutesy little clips for closing potato chip bags and other bags, I use plain ol' clothespins, the kind with a spring. I've even been known to spray paint 'em in bright colors if they're going to be in plain sight. You probably already have a clothespin-bag full of them at home. :)

By Jan from Champaign, IL

Answers:

Use Clothes Pins for Chip Clips

I also use them to close bags od frozen veggies from the super market when I don't use the whole bags. They are also good for hanging pants and long skirts in the closet so you don't get a "broken leg" crease and have to press before wearing. Having broken a fortune in bought chip clippers I much prefer the clothespins. (01/28/2008)

By MartyD

Use Clothes Pins for Chip Clips

Nope, don't have a clothesline, so I use the extra-large paper clips. Work just fine. (01/28/2008)

By sheilamay

Use Clothes Pins for Chip Clips

I don't have a clothesline either but I still bought some to use for this purpose and other things too (01/28/2008)

By imaqt1962

Use Clothes Pins for Chip Clips

Hi Jan...
I live in Urbana
nice to see someone closer to me on here (01/28/2008)

By suzanne

Use Clothes Pins for Chip Clips

I use clothespins in the kitchen for everything. If it's an opened bag, it's definitely held shut with a clothespin - much quicker and less annoying than twist-ties and cheaper than commercial bag clips. When it breaks, hey, I've got 49 more. (01/29/2008)

By czechens

A binder clip used as a chip clip
Chip Clip Ideas
Making Zipper Hair Clips
Making Zipper Hair Clips
Clothing hanging by clothes pins.
Buying Heavy Duty Clothes Pins
white and red chip clips
Uses For Chip Clips
Diagram of how to make a clothes pin rocking chair.
Making a Clothes Pin Chair
🎄