Use Clothes Pins for Chip Clips

Instead of spending any money at all on those cutesy little clips for closing potato chip bags and other bags, I use plain ol' clothespins, the kind with a spring. I've even been known to spray paint 'em in bright colors if they're going to be in plain sight. You probably already have a clothespin-bag full of them at home. :)

By Jan from Champaign, IL

Answers:

Use Clothes Pins for Chip Clips

I also use them to close bags od frozen veggies from the super market when I don't use the whole bags. They are also good for hanging pants and long skirts in the closet so you don't get a "broken leg" crease and have to press before wearing. Having broken a fortune in bought chip clippers I much prefer the clothespins. (01/28/2008)

By MartyD

Use Clothes Pins for Chip Clips

Nope, don't have a clothesline, so I use the extra-large paper clips. Work just fine. (01/28/2008)

By sheilamay

Use Clothes Pins for Chip Clips

I don't have a clothesline either but I still bought some to use for this purpose and other things too (01/28/2008)

By imaqt1962

Use Clothes Pins for Chip Clips

Hi Jan...
I live in Urbana
nice to see someone closer to me on here (01/28/2008)

By suzanne

Use Clothes Pins for Chip Clips

I use clothespins in the kitchen for everything. If it's an opened bag, it's definitely held shut with a clothespin - much quicker and less annoying than twist-ties and cheaper than commercial bag clips. When it breaks, hey, I've got 49 more. (01/29/2008)

By czechens

A pile of clothespins on a white background.
Use Clothespins as Chip Clips
Making Zipper Hair Clips
Making Zipper Hair Clips
A binder clip used as a chip clip
Chip Clip Ideas
white and red chip clips
Uses For Chip Clips
Diagram of how to make a clothes pin rocking chair.
Making a Clothes Pin Chair
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 1:06:28 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.