Chip Clip Ideas

There are a lot of things, you may already have around the house that can be used instead of the plastic chip clips sold at the store. This is a page about chip clip ideas.

It is really hard to find a place for big unresealable packs like packs of milk, cereals, etc. We usually have this problem at home as we don't have enough containers. It is a problem because it can create huge mess.

One thing I learned from my husband - resealing these packs with clothespin. We don't have easy zip bags available, so this is one good way to keep things neatly sealed. Just make sure to fold it several times to hide the open area and put the clip on. If there's a clean plastic bag, place it in there to keep it clean.

For a simple chip bag clip, use a paper clip. Also works great to keep the cereal bag inside the box from unrolling and going stale.

By jlyn from Plant City, FL

Where we live, Mylar balloons are sold with a plastic clip attached to the end of the ribbon. I love this because each time my kids receive one, I get another (free!) chip clip.

Buy tiny clamps from the hardware store (the ones used to secure glued boards) instead of chip and bread clips. They are cheaper and they hold up a lot longer. Those plastic bread and chip clips break apart in no time.

Cheap Chip Clip Tip. Use clothespins as chip clips. For years, I have used clothespins for chip clips. You can get 40 or so for $2 in most stores. . .

When shopping, I often get to take the hanger that the clothing items are on. They are white plastic and have two clamps on each end of the hanger.

My husband saws the two clips off and we have free clips.

In our house we always seem to have half used bags of candy and other things. Although we own some "chip clips", our needs usually far exceed the number that we have. I am always looking for ways to seal these bags and keep the contents fresh.

Using a rubber band to close M&M bag

When shopping for clothes that are on the plastic hangers with clips, like skirts, shorts, slacks, always ask for the hanger. You can cut the little clips out away from the plastic hanger and then smooth any rough spots with sandpaper and you have some of the best, strongest clips for your chip bag, bulk cereal bags, etc.

Instead of using clothes pins to close chip bags, use the grip clips that you can find in the tool sections of stores. They're never more then .50 each but last A LOT longer and don't breaking apart.

I use these on all of our cereal, chips, veggies for the freezer. Works great. By Melanie

Plastic coat hangers, usually gotten when you purchase clothes, have two clips on them. Cut the clips off and use for closures on bags of chips, etc. They are sturdy, last a long time, and are free.

Clothes pins can be an inexpensive alternative to buying more expensive chip clips. This is a page about use clothespins as chip clips.

A pile of clothespins on a white background.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

Binder clips are a sturdy alternative to the colorful plastic clips used for keeping chip bags and other food packages closed. Try some; you may find that they are a better choice than the popular plastic options.

A binder clip used as a chip clip

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceOctober 18, 2012
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Chip-Clip-Ideas.html