Binder Clips for Closing Food Bags

Category Dry Storage
Binder clips are a sturdy alternative to the colorful plastic clips used for keeping chip bags and other food packages closed. Try some; you may find that they are a better choice than the popular plastic options.

I use binder clips in my kitchen. They keep chip bags closed tightly. Along with using on cold cereal bags or any bag that needs to stay closed inside of a box or on it's own.

I also use them to keep frozen vegetable bags tightly closed. The freezer does not hurt them and they are still easy to use. They are easier to use and handle than twisting wire.

By fun2go from Frankfort, IL

I have become so frustrated by chip clips. Or whatever other name they go by. Every time I'd use one, it would either break (cheap plastic) or it would pop off the bag that it's supposed to be clipping shut. They are also big and bulky, well at least for people who live in close quarters. Finally I found a solution that works ALL the time.

If you have any of the metal binder clips, use those. They will not pop off, they will grip tighter than any plastic device ever will, and if you fold the corners of your bags over before you roll the top down for closure, it gives a nearly air tight "seal". Also, they are cheaper than chip clips, take up much less space and can always be used as office supplies.

By Amy from CO

I buy the large binder clips to close the tops of chip bags, and also bags of veggies in the freezer. They are strong, and have a strong holding ability. I could never keep the plastic clips in place.

By Harlean from Arkansas

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I use these clips for closing bags of anything from herbs and spices to frozen veggies. They are easy to use and never come undone.

By katesnanna from Brisbane, Australia

A great way to re-close packages of frozen foods such as french fries and large packages of veggies is with the metal binder clips that are available in the office supply stores. I usually just cut a corner off the package, then fold it over a couple times and fasten it with the binder clip. I use the large size.

By Harlean

Answers:

Metal Binder Clips for Closing Bags

The way I do it when buying frozen veg or chips, is to cut a bit about 1/2 inch off the top of the bag and use it as a tie. (09/27/2004)

By reb1234

Metal Binder Clips for Closing Bags

I buy a big package of small plastic clothes pins at the dollar store. These are great too! (09/28/2004)

By Kim McGrantham

In These Pages
Food and Recipes Storage Dry StorageDecember 18, 2019
🎄
🎉

Generated 2019-12-21 07:27:59 in 3 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️