Dry StorageStorage

Clipping Those Chips

Category Dry Storage

I buy the large binder clips to close the tops of chip bags, and also bags of veggies in the freezer. They are strong, and have a strong holding ability. I could never keep the plastic clips in place.

By Harlean from Arkansas

even better yet, just use a clothes pin. i always have some around for hanging out laundry.

Some of the smaller bags would be okay to use a clothespin. I have used Harlean's idea for years. Some of the large bags of chips when folded over need a large binder clip to "seal" them tight, a clothespin would never work. A clothespin is also too narrow and flimsy whereas binder clips are wide and strong and have never come apart for me. I also use them in the freezer, to close perogy, shrimp and veggie bags.

Do you remember the holders that our moms used to use when giving homemade perms, "toni"s? I have clips that look something like that that can in many assorted sizes. They work wonderful, also.

Now, if I can keep the bags of chips in the kitchen, with the clip, and not in the basement bedrooms or rec room, with the teenagers. They throw out the empty bag and the clip stays in the room, not in the kitchen where it belongs!

I go to Dollar General & buy their package of mixed sized clips in bright colors for just $1. They work on all my food pkgs both large & small even my frozen chicken or fish pkgs.